DerangedWalrus' Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by DerangedWalrus, Nov 13, 2017.

1. DerangedWalrus

DerangedWalrus New Member VIP

What is your IGN? DerangedWalrus

Who banned you?(use @<full username>) ezeiger92

Why were you banned(ban message)?
    Reason: Originally 3 heads at juli's house; now 11 heads and 3 shulker boxes across many homes of old players across the map. You cock. Appeal on the forums.

When were you banned?
    9th November 2017 03:50:13 AM

How long is your ban?
    Permanent

Can you explain what you know about the ban in more detail?

Yes, I was banned for taking items from other players homes, homes that I felt were long, long, long abandoned and did not realize that shulkers, which are a relatively new item to me, were not allowed to be taken.

Why should you be unbanned?
    I unknowingly took items from other, very inactive players after prisming the entire area for activity. I haven't played in a very long time, and while some of the rules have changed, ultimately I took these items from other players to display in my own home. I apologize entirely as these incidents were completely my fault. I have just recently started playing again after a long period of absence, and began creating a new area to live in far away from Daark's town.

These players I have griefed had not played in so long that I thought it was safe to take items from them, I would never take items from active players, and these players had been gone 60+ weeks. I am completely sorry for my actions, and if unbanned I will not take anything else from players inactive or otherwise, unless it is allowed in the rules (like unlocked chests).

I wasn't aware shulkers could not be taken and I am truly sorry. Whatever items were taken, please take them back I don't want to step on other people's toes. Please forgive me, Ez, I will be a good Walrus from now on.

2. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

It’s always been the case that you cannot break blocks without permission. Shulker boxes and heads are blocks. Items in containers are not blocks. If an inactive build is in your way, submit a demolition request on the forums (you still won’t get the blocks).

It’s baffling that people interpret “never grief” as “breaking blocks from inactive structures is fine.” If you didn’t build it, don’t break it. Leave builds the way you found them. How is that hard to understand?

3. DerangedWalrus

DerangedWalrus New Member VIP

You're right, that was completely my fault, I won't take from builds/break blocks from inactive structures again.

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Ban expires around Sunday in my time zone, 2 days 15 and hours from this post.