Current Year Plus One

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by ezeiger92, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

The PvP changes we’re so big that they got a week of warning and discussion. This change requires two months.

In 2018, ShadeCrest Survival will get a brand new map and spawn!

This isn't a creative writing exercise so I'm just going to bullet point this.

On the process of switching maps:
    • The new map will become our primary build world
    • Our current build world will live alongside the new map for 2-3 months before being archived
    • All chest locks and towns will be refunded to allow building up in the new map
    • Along with the refund, all towns will be removed so we can use a 16x16 plot system in the new map
    • Build moves have not been ruled out, but we've not figured out a nice way of doing them yet
    New map properties:
    • Expanded border of +- 32k blocks, 16 times the size of our current world
    • Building/digging below a certain level will only be possible inside town boundaries, discouraging overworld mining
    • The terrain may have some enhancements made to improve the look and feel, but will mostly be vanilla
    • The nether, mining, and end will remain as they are (periodic resets based on voting) as well as methods of travel to and from them.

Joseph and Mietm like this.
  2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

PPC will rise once again

ezeiger92 likes this.
  3. oiShocKWavesv

PinguChan?

4. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

I sense a concrete spawn inbound

5. ezeiger92

Cerb is helping me out with a certain set of things, but they are not the material choice of spawn :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  6. oiShocKWavesv

btw I'm gonna turn the whole thing into a sugarcane farm

7. Soubix

Soubix New Member

I think that's great, except for the fact that now mobs are spawning within what used to be our town - and it can be our town until it's done....couldn't warp home at first since no tspawn.

8. Mietm

Mietm Member VIP

I'm not sure what happened there. I see that your town is gone, but all the other towns are still there. Pie's got 85k on her now, did she withdraw money from the town so you have money for a new town when the map resets? Did people just forget to put money into the town for upkeep?

9. madoz10

madoz10 New Member

Is it possible to move some buildings to the new World?

10. ezeiger92

Please read before commenting.

11. Soubix

Soubix New Member

Nope, we just logged in and it was gone. Can you bring it back please

12. Soubix

Soubix New Member

We had 45k in the town bank so idk, no one took money out or altered it in any way

13. ezeiger92

SometimesIEatPie has 85.6k right now. Without looking at logs, I’m placing my bets there.
    -edit-
    No withdrawals in a month, don't know what to tell you. I saw it the day before it was deleted and it did not have 45k.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  14. Soubix

Soubix New Member

How much did it have then? Because I'm sure we had enough to sustain a town even if we were all offline for like a week. Can you bring it back or no

15. Soubix

Soubix New Member

Pie wanted to make a warp and have money left over and he said that that money was like 75k and wanted to get it to 100k, none of that is from the town bank.

16. SometimesIEatPie

SometimesIEatPie New Member

I didn't remove anything from the town bank I did enough quests that I had 70k a week or two ago. I did more quests. If the money from the town was returned to me it was about 45k that would not bring me up to 80k. So, something happened to our town it isn't even ruins it's just gone.

17. SometimesIEatPie

SometimesIEatPie New Member

we had a bit of money music said it was 45k I did know however it was way over 20 but less than 50

18. ezeiger92

I've created a thread covering the timing of the new map, which you can find here. This is important and requires your input :)

19. musicislove

musicislove New Member

The thing is, for a while people were forgetting to put money in the town bank at pie's town and now they're not, which is why pie's town has as much as it has now.

20. Eman3dude

Eman3dude New Member VIP

I have so many locked chests. XD This should be fun!