People abusing people's /home

Discussion in 'Finger Pointing' started by sharqman, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

What is your IGN? : sharqman

What is the IGN of the offenders? : Muttleyjames

Which rules did they break? : they somewhat abused plugins and used .home to steal

Are there any witnesses? What are their IGN's? : noone witnessed the action taking place

Did you talk to the people who were doing the rule-breaking? What did they say? : nope not yet, but when i do

Do you think they should be given a punishment for this? : yes

Do you have screenshot(s) or video(s) of the incident (example: chat logs)? Post them at the end of the post : yes

Were any mods or admins on at the time this happened? Who were they? :i posted it in /ch h he said he'll look into it, but he didn't think usin /home to steal was against the rules (it isn't but wouldn't it go with using a warp to raid

Have they broke a rule(s) before? Which ones? : idk

the full story:

recently people are using the /home list command and seeing who's house they are invited to and stealing stuff from them, this is just like using a warp to steal from a town.

First: a player named Mr_smileys went to my /home (it was in the middle oh nowhere and public but still) and asked me if it was in my home, he then proceeded in griefing a cobble block under the water in my /home to safely be lowered to explore the area and steal from it, i don't think he found anything. ( i was advertising my /home for ppl to test my free fall course, but this was after)

Second: a player named MuttleyJames probably did the same thing and went to /home bkoch5, bkoch5 probably did not even remember he had him invited to his /home (he joined the town, pretended to want to buy a plot, and left with in at least 4 hours) he then stole from unlocked chest, i know they are unlocked, but he should not have been able to be there, it is an area for town assistants and mayor only. He stole many valuable items from many players (the area was a town bank that could only be entered by abusing a glitch, tping or knowing the secret way in) , he did not grief from what i've checked and could not leave the 2 rooms (there was a lift to get to another room, but the door was secured)
    **EDIT**
    i saw that mr_smileys was on so i asked in /ch o if anyone knew muttley. he said he did, so i am guessing one of them found it out and started doing it.

2. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I'm pretty sure there is NOTHING wrong with using /home to steal. Lock your chests.

3. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

Why do you have an unlocked chest with diamonds in it…

4. sharqman

this post is not to discuss the contents of the chest lol its to discuss these noobs using /home to steal

5. Schattenkrieg

Schattenkrieg New Member

is the noob the person who used /home to steal, or the person who forgot to un-invite the person who used /home to steal :3

6. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

If you have a secret hidden area with chests in it that no one can get to but you and people invited to your /home, in a town, then you are breaking the rules involving hiding chests. Unhide the chests or admins may empty them / punish those that hid them.

7. sharqman

no, u can get in another way its very secret an only town mayor and assistants know it
    i also used /he tool on the way in there was no record of him so he definitely used the /home to do it
    the noob is the yellow names who are trying to create a scam/easy way to get money by using /homes to steal
    i posted this because i've been told using a warp to steal is banable and using /home is almost the same thing, right?

8. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I'm pretty sure, COULD be wrong, but you CAN'T use /home or /warp to kill with PVP. I don't think it says anywhere about stealing.

9. sharqman

someone was using /warp mineco to steal from our town multiple times, pyro said they would ban them if the caught them doing it again

10. sharqman

so no admin is even going to comment on the issue?

11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Many people (including Max) have already said this, but I feel a need to reiterate. Everything that they did IS absolutely fine. If a chest is unlocked, it is fair game for ANYONE (excluding dead chunks). Unenterable rooms are clearly not allowed, and if you're really that wary of others stealing your chests from your home, use the command /home ilist to view who is invited to your home. If you have a public home, then DON'T have unlocked chests in plain sight. That is all, have a good day.

12. sharqman

its not just me now, these guys are annoying others as well

13. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

It is annoying but legal. best thing to do besides locking all your chests would probably be to just make your home private, and if you really trust someone, invite them to your home. I hate it when I get looted, but that is just something to contend with. :-\

14. sharqman

for nitro its not just trust, its it was muttley's word (i dont know the whole story wen muttley did this in my town, i just remember helping him find a plot)

15. nitro64212

nitro64212 New Member

Yes i gave him a house outside the town gates because he said he needed a house until he had enough money to buy a plot!

16. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

I don't know all the details nor do I want to, as this is not my problem to fix. However, anybody who back stabs friends will soon find themselves with only enemies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.