This week in ShadeCrest - 2014/04/18

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • New Trial Mod - StephenP67
    • Plug.Dj official ShadeCrest channel
    • In Development: Potion Damage Balance
    • In Development: Vote Listener Random Rewards
    • Space Engineers
    • Mining World Reset

New Trial Mod - StephenP67
    Sharq suggested and staff supported the promotion of a new trial mod, one who is in the Australian time zone. Please everyone show your support for Stephen. So far he's seemed very active and from the times I've met him, seems very helpful to others. Great qualities in a moderator. Stephen you should now have proper rights on the forums.

Plug.Dj official ShadeCrest channel
    http://plug.dj/7b815389/ hosted by A360P
    Plug.Dj is a collaborative music experience where different individuals can interact with the music choices being played. They can either simply listen, woot, or "meh" music. You get points for participation which can unlock cool things like new avatars, but mostly you influence the music being played. Once you've listened a bit, try your hand at making your own playlist and join the DJ waitlist. It's round robin and when it's your turn the song at the top of your playlist plays.

In Development: Potion Damage Balance
    I've been making sure that appropriate admins now have access to our test server and they have been busy. This is one of the things Random0ne has been working on. There are several plugins we are messing with and some custom code. Our hope is to still make potions a viable option in PvP, useful for steal assassins, but as bursty as they are now. We've done tons of one on one tests, test scenarios, etc. We've tested with people skilled and poorly skilled with potions. I think we're coming to a good balance of what we want to propose so expect a change soon.

In Development: Vote Listener Random Rewards
    Another custom little plugin which listens to vote notifier to see when people vote. It will give people additional rewards randomly to encourage people voting more often. This is still in development and the key focus is to just encourage more voting without necessarily affecting the economy adversely. Personally I might even suggest *when* we implement this, I'd like to see voting offer less rupies. That way voting feels more... gambly. Sure you get some rupies, but you also get the chance at random cool stuff which will keep people voting more than rupies will. Those are just my thoughts, what are yours?

Space Engineers
    We are currently running an unofficial server of the Alpha, hosted by CyberVic. Since the game is still in Alpha there is no way of running a dedicated server, but I decided to breach the topic with Max. I think it would be good for the future of the ShadeCrest community if we branched outside just MineCraft a bit, because it attracts a wider audience which may also be interested in MineCraft. I asked him about the possibility of hosting a SpaceEngineers server on ShadeCrest hardware once able to. He said "Anything is a possibility". If you end up picking up the game for 20 bucks, send a friend request to CyberVic on Steam.

Mining World Reset
    Mining world has been reset just now by Sharq! Warps are set up, get gathering! It is all fresh terrain with fresh ores. As always mining world can be griefed, so don't leave valuables there!
    /warp mining4 is next to a mesa biome, so you clay-crazy griefers can stop destroying the area around Magetime's house :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  2. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Plug.dj

Thank you so much.

3. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Plug.dj is love, Plug.dj is life

Slebert likes this.
  4. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

For Plug.DJ please stick to music, as some people are playing other videos

5. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

D:

Sent from my damned apple device

6. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Speaking of clay crazy griefers someone left a massive pit right outside mining5 warp. cccommando covered it up to stop people falling to their doom.

7. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Yea i wonder who did that. ^_^

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

8. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Wasn't me, but I did fall into it last night lol

follow the buzzards

9. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Indeed, let staff know if someone is abusing plug and we'll sort it out :)

Slebert likes this.
  10. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

Hez, Pieman_Is_God and BurningIce2 like this.
  11. Hez

Hez Member

Ey wats wit potions? R u decreasing their power or sometin? Cuase fer me potions is life dude.:confused: :cool:

Slebert likes this.
  12. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Hez You have to be trying to be that bad at typing. Please just stop.

13. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Hez, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no rep, and may God have mercy on your soul.

14. ezeiger92

Slebert likes this.
  15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

PieSquared761 and Slebert like this.
  16. Hez

Hez Member

There's nutin wrong wit my spellin.Yeesh just asked a simple Question wat wrong with that? May the wrath of God rain upon ur mortal heads!:mad: You All shall PAYYYYYY!

17. ezeiger92

18. Hez

Hez Member

Wow yall r rude. :confused: An i shall never shut up... I'm from the US so according to the First Ammendment I have the right of speech.

sharqman likes this.
  19. ezeiger92

20. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

you may have your right to free speech in public, but this is a server. and the internet. your 1st ammendment means nothing here.
    EDIT: Also, YOU are not the only person who is protected by it, everything the others were saying would be protected as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.