This Week in ShadeCrest - 2014/09/19

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Sep 19, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • General - New rules now in the wiki
    • General - Removal of FirstLastSeen, Replaced with OnTime
    • Survival - PVE Spawn Cleanup
    • Survival - 1.8 Features
    • Survival - Updates to the quiz
    • Survival - McMMO wiki article
    • Survival - Exile is back
    • Survival - Update to ShadeCrest Top Players
    • Creative - Survival Guildhalls Needed
    • Creative - Bobbylou4 came back and was given admin

General - New rules now in the wiki
    http://wiki.shadecrest.com/index.php/General:_Rules
    As previously mentioned, we have rolled out the new general rules on the Wiki. These general rules are linked to from the server specific rules and players are expected to take these new general conduct guidelines into considerations on every server on ShadeCrest. Some of the server specific rules were removed that were just duplicates of the general rules.

General - Removal of FirstLastSeen, Replaced with OnTime
    For several months now we've been running both /seen and /ontime. Ontime is a better plugin because it stores all its data in a database (making it queriable for things like the player stats page), and clutters up the server's harddrive less. Earlier this week we removed /seen completely from survival (need to double check if we remembered to do that on Creative as well), and players should be using /ontime universally across all servers to see first seen, last seen, and play times.

Survival - PVE Spawn Cleanup
    http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/6607
    ezeiger92 has been diligently taking the charge to help cleanup spawn. A lot of new players judge servers based upon how messy the server has become. Part of our duty as admins is to make sure that there isn't a sprawling mess of inactive builds all over PvE and PvP spawn, juts like how we should reset mining/nether/end worlds once they too have become a mess. If you have or know someone with a build at spawn, ask them to notify an admin to move their build. Soon we will make it so no one can build with in a 200ish (range not completely decided yet) block radius from spawn. We plan on doing some other magic to help people get to random places on that boarder to begin building. The idea is to spread out newbie builds instead of them being concentrated in once place.

Survival - 1.8 Features
    http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6618
    Turns out, there are a few new things in 1.8 that use blocks we already have in 1.7.9, so ezeiger92 has gone ahead and added those recipes in. We will try to add as much from the update as possible, but anything with new blocks will not work.

Survival - Updates to the quiz
    We are in the process of making a lot of changes to the quiz to eliminate a lot of the trick / annoying questions. REALLY smart players see past these questions, but some of them could be frustrating to some players. We also cleaned up some questions which were kinda technically out of data due to the VIP changes. Along with this making sure the Wiki is properly up to date so players can easily understand our rules and how the server is setup.

Survival - McMMO wiki article
    http://wiki.shadecrest.com/index.php/Survival:_McMMO
    By popular request of many, CyberVic has completed the McMMO wiki guide for ShadeCrest. This has a lot of information, but for each McMMO skill there is a link to the official wikia article for it for more information on things like the treasure charts and other things that wasn't worth the time to duplicate on our wiki. ShadeCrest has a VERY custom configuration for McMMO, so a lot of the strengths of things, when ranks unlock, and how the abilities scale have been tweaked. Again, all the information is available in the guide.

Survival - Exile is back
    Nifix is back and Niffy's favorite place has made a return alongside 'the ring thing' and all its other projects! The rebuilding of Exile has been rather Epic with a ton of veteran members of the community returning to help rebuild it and play again. Everyone involved has been enjoying the shared McMMO xp feature of the parties. Shop keepers have also been enjoying the purchasing of massive specific resources needed for the rebuilding of Exile. The war between Aurora and Exile is about to begin a new...

Survival - Update to ShadeCrest Top Players
    http://mc.shadecrest.com/MCStats/top.php
    CyberVic has added a lot of new improvements to the ShadeCrest Top Players page. The new statistics include: Richest towns, Richest Nations, and Most Active Shops (based on number of transactions in the last 30 days). One of the statistics that could be included is most Active towns based upon town member's total play time this month. It a bit harder aggregate to calculate, but something worth adding if the community thinks it's a good idea.

Creative - Survival Guildhalls Needed
    http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6609/
    CyberVic has posted a challenge to all those willing to accept, help build Survival Guildhalls. Part of the future vision for ShadeCrest is to add NPCs which give out quests and those NPCs need a place to live. More details on the needs and specifics of the guild halls that need to be build can be found in the thread linked. Special thanks to the builds that have already been submitted. Going to work with the creative staff to get builds copied to a single, collaborative location where they can be more quickly reviewed and decided upon.

Creative - Bobbylou4 came back and was given admin
    Yes, Bobby is back and Navarog has re-promoted him back to admin. I still need to handle all the paperwork and make sure he again has access to everything like the forums, documents, and stuff (will take care of this later tonight Bobby), but for now, everyone at least, please give a warm welcome back to Bobby!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

When you mean war against aurora and exile you mean awasted raiding everyday to kill me?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

3. CyberVic

You said you wanted more to do in PvP. ;-)

4. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Yea but payday 2

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

5. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

sugarcane farm is now completely pointless gg

6. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Wait, how?

7. oiShocKWavesv

I get 20xp per piece of sugarcane I break, 34oooxp per level.
    34000/20 = 1700
    gotta break 1700 bits per level. I barely get 3 levels per harvest xD

8. GingerSwan

Whew, at least you HAVE that kind of farm though.

9. oiShocKWavesv

gonna make it a potato farm instead

10. GingerSwan

Rly? K. It'll attract me like a magnet tho.

11. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

12. CyberVic

Late addition to the updates, bobbylou4 is back!

THEdeadRETURNED and Mega_Spud like this.
  13. GingerSwan

Yay! Wb boobypoos

14. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I figured that he didnt leave

15. GingerSwan

Wut? He left with the creative staff a few months ago...

16. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Since when does a new admin want to leave

17. GingerSwan

What? Don't you remember a few months ago, when all of creative's staff, except for Navarog, left after Pieman got demoted? Bobby left as well... .-.

18. CyberVic

McMMO update:
    Alchemy has been nerfed for potions with a high number of ingredients. While I've spent 20+ hours grinding away doing alchemy myself in the last few weeks only getting around 180 skill, a few people were able to grind out 500 power level in a day and a half due to A. the settings being too generous for stage 3 and stage 4 potions and B. a bug which I won't be explicitly telling people about, just hope no one exploits it because I can't fix it (bug in McMMO code). As a result I have adjusted three players alchemy and have discussed this with them.

I nerfed the xp gain to around 20% of what it was for high number of ingredient potions. Each stage grants you additional xp each stage. Keep in mind these new numbers are still significantly higher than default McMMO. Stage 1 stayed pretty much the same at 75, Stage 2 went from 188 to 150, Stage 3 went from 375 to 150, and Stage 4 went from 750 experience to 150.

I have added more details on the intended implementation of alchemy in our Wiki: http://wiki.shadecrest.com/index.php/Survival:_McMMO

I found two additional exploits with combat skills and excavation with have now been nerfed. Both exploits if used will result in zero or near zero xp as opposed to allowing people to gain incredibly fast with McMMO skills.

As a humble reminder, the intention of McMMO is to give people a reason to keep playing because they slowly feel like they are benefiting from playing and enjoying the game over time. The xp curves are setup in a way that it should feel like 1-250 is pretty fast. 250-500 is feels a like a decent pace, 500-750 is slow, and 750-1000 is a huge grind. If you are focusing hard on a single skill and playing a lot 1-250 should take you a few days of effort. 250-500 should take a week or two. 500-750 should take you a month or two. 750-1000 should take several months. This should be the case for all skills. If some seem like they are gaining too slow or two fast, I'd like people to talk to me if they are too slow or too fast. Obviously if they are too slow, I need to know people's opinions so I can make it feel less grindy. If they are too fast, it's even more important because it needs to be nerfed before people exploit it.

If people find weird crazy ways to gain experience in unintended crazy stupid fast ways, those exploits will be removed, dealt with, and likely result in penalties either in the form of removal of skill or potentially banning. Exploiting things that are obviously broken is against our rules and should be something players should know is basically never allowed. Most video games if they catch you exploiting will perma ban you even in a pay to play game. Please don't exploit. It ruins the fun for everyone because generally it means we have to restrict play in a way that makes other players enjoying the normal play of the game in an unfun way.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Jojomojobfh and Slebert like this.
  19. oiShocKWavesv

20. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

So aurora is basically shockwaves vs everyone in exile because they are all builders