[Poll] Getting rid of /home in PVP

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Alan321, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

I personally am voting for option 3. Home just causes problems like it always has in PVP. /town spawn still allows for new visitors to the town and allows access to towns. if people can just use the portals like they were meant for, then they will be teleported to the main world where they can /warp (name) and /home.

Post what you voted and why at the bottom.

2. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

I tried to do as many possible answers as i could. I see your point because people will use they portals for their first intent and can warp after using them. I mainly included the other options to fit others needs. I still like option 3 though out of the answers.

3. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

The force warping, and the nether and bb warps need to be changed, you can still warp to them :3 other than that i like how it is ;D

4. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I think everyone needs to just reread the rules and server guide, then find themselves to integrity and stop trying to avoid playing by the rules. I hope people can learn to play fair and things can stay how they are. If this remains a problem and the mods/admins are sick or reading and ignoring battle warping posts, perhaps make the only warp available in pvp "/warp youarenotpermitedtousethiwarptogetoutofpvpengagementspleaseplayfair". This would make it very difficult to warp away in pvp, while making you feel like a terrible person :p

Just my $0.02

5. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Go away for 3 days and everyone stops following the rules?

I think the best solution would be to add a cooldown timer for any /home, /town spawn, or /warp. If adding this plugin again would be impossible I say get rid of everything on PVP side except for /town spawn. People have always abused the /home command in pvp and will probably do the same with /town spawn, but there needs to be at least one way to get to a town without walking.

I've noticed that players will always find a way to bend the rules to make it easier on themselves in battle, either warping into or out of combat, the only real solution I can see is adding cooldowns to all warps on pvp side or removing them completely

6. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

I dont know if max will add the warm up timer again you can dupe items with it.

7. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

In my opinion, I'd like to have /homes kept.
    This solely is because I have a VIP area in the peaceful world, and a town in PVP.
    Without /home warps, to get to my VIP area, I would need to /t spawn (or walk?) to my town and then take the tunnel to the nearest portal. For me this would absolutely suck to do every time I wanted to access my protected area, especially for a quick visit.
    Yes it is sad that people won't just read the rules, or that players who have been on SC for a long time just disregard them, but when that happens to me I don't report it. That's the price of having /warps and /homes. Really, missing a kill or having someone go and grab their armor using warps may be unfair, but it's not worth immobilizing half of the server.

Just my gentleman's rant.

8. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

The warm up will never come back unless they fix the item duplication problem.

As for the pole, I would only add one thing....

"Keep everything the way it is now and everyone stop complaining + follow the rules!"

^If that is done, then there will be very few problems :)

9. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Here's my suggestion:

If this is possible, why not make it so people can't warp while tagged? We could apply combat tag in PvP (if it isn't already) and that should solve most of the problems, the only one the would persist would be warping away before you're about to get hit the first time which wouldn't be as bad.

10. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

the best solution would be a combat tag that prevents /home /warp /town spawn once you get hit, but after looking up plugins and other option there doesnt seem to be a stable way to do that without people exploiting it.

what really needs to happen is people need to just follow the rules, and quit trying to find ways around them

11. Cherle

Cherle New Member VIP

This is a very tough decision for me as it also does involve peaceful people too. I do enjoy visiting arcadia in my free time to visit Alan or Tankexe. My only concern if you took /home or warping away in the pvp side is it would seperate pvp and peaceful worlds even more than they already are. I wouldn't want to teleport to arcadia spawn just to get trapped in a raid and die or run for 10 min to a portal. I am not voting though as I don't feel peaceful should vote on this though it affects us. My two cents.

12. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

sorry xD if you type in /warp force-to (insert warp here) it warps u anyways...

13. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

it worked for me i did:
    /warp force-to village

14. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I've always been able to do /warp nether and /warp village. It's funny that those are the only 2 that work.

15. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

1.) Nrayf we're even now.
    2.) Fail evil face max.

16. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Oh, is there some other plugin that you know of that does the same thing? Or something along those lines at least?

17. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I believe that the /homes will stay (have a large majority of votes), so it doesn't really matter :p
    and yes max, an evil face does not work like >:) :p

18. billy987bob

billy987bob Member

just keep it and lock this thread and people stop complaining about it.... home warp is very useful to those who are far from a portal and need to get out of pvp ( it is the only way for me to get out of pvp) and people will always find ways to break the rules and still combat log for warp some how...

STOP COMPLAINING :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. Mercury_NYC

Mercury_NYC Member VIP

Stop whining and play.

20. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

It seems to be able to have PvP homes and everysingle warp has to be disabled.

For overal play in pvp it will cause a lot of unfairness, but to be able to pvp all those warps have to be disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.