ZJAW7 /home in PVP

Discussion in 'Finger Pointing' started by mrtreefingers, Dec 26, 2011.

1. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

While engaged in PVP in arcadia (timethewin's home) he killed a few and then within 26(i know it says 36)seconds warped away from the area. We had people in the general area when he warped away.

He should not be banned for this.

Heres the time log.

[​IMG]

2. Nerudas

Nerudas New Member

Yeah I was wacking on prod then zjaw came down so tim took prod and i went for zjaw then I got killed so i warped back to tims house with NOTHING on because i thought someone killed zjaw and i was gonna see if my stuff was there but he was gone. Tims house has a trap in the front of his house and takes a decent amount of time to get out so if i warped back to tims right after i died then zjaw would be walking out, but no he had warped.

3. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

What is your IGN?: mrtreefingers

What is the IGN of the offenders?: Zjaw7

Which rules did they break?: using /home to get out of PVP

Are there any witnesses? What are their IGN's?: Nerudas, Alan321, timthewin

Did you talk to the people who were doing the rule-breaking? What did they say?: Yes, they said to me at least, "i boated far away and checked to make sure no one was in local range". I then proceeded to say, you were able to get out of an underground house, at least a 40 block ladder climb and get out of local range in 26 seconds? Zjaw never replied.

Do you think they should be given a punishment for this?: (up for mrtree to decide, as in not my finger report, but helping on i can. Like he puts what he thinks here)

Do you have screenshot(s) or video(s) of the incident (example: chat logs)? Post them at the end of the post: Yes, posted in original post

Were any mods or admins on at the time this happened? Who were they?: None

Have they broke a rule(s) before? Which ones?: Yes, repeatedly spamming chat with death messages. I can post those if they are needed.

4. xxxprodxxx

xxxprodxxx New Member VIP

I just wanna point something out. On that screenshot it also shows Nerudas /home Tim 10 seconds before Zjaw7 did /home. I am tired I dont know if thats before or after LOL

5. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

6. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I do like to hear about this stuff then I can find out who doesn't, can't, or will not follow the rules.

Maybe the punishment should be a little steeper to stop people from breaking the rules, I like pvp and can't stand that people still break the rules.

If it doesn't stop I will start handing out 1 day ban to whom ever uses home, or town spawn, or rushes. No matter what town they are in.

Stop breaking the rules of pvp, if you have a question read the rules again, if you still have a question ask me in game, I enjoy the pvp side of the game so stop trying to ruin it

7. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

Please do that it will be like when you first made no warping everyone with start b****ing about no /home and it would be easier to just ban people for a few days to get the message across then dealing with all the complaints.

8. xxxprodxxx

xxxprodxxx New Member VIP

Hello I would really not enjoy a Temp ban as every one can say that I died in tthat raid lol.

9. Nerudas

Nerudas New Member

We shouldn't be banned because we did nothing against the rules. Zjaw clearly did the wrong here. If you don't feel he should be punished that's fine I just hope some attention is being brought to this

10. Nerudas

Nerudas New Member

And no it was after because he does /home to get to Arcadia then does /home Hiz and I am not on the logs in that period of time

11. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

I am sorry to say this, but I think all PvP players will need to start taking measures to protect themselves.

This is what I mean;
    1a. you are killed. Take a screen shot of chat log once you re-spawn, and include the time/location and your death, "use /where and /time."
    2a. Or you can use /home and take a picture including the "welcome Home" AND your death. Now You can back up your story that you used /home AFTER you were killed.

1b. You are in pvp, and are leaving after a successful raid and have looted a bunch of valuable stuff. You have been running in the wild for a while now and know you lost them, even though they are looking for you. You are ready to leave using /home since you have escaped from the hunters, but to protect yourself you will do the following
    2b. You use /where and /time; take a picture of the chat log so we can see it. you do the same thing AFTER 1-2 minutes has passed in the same spot. "Since you lost them you can wait a minute or 2"
    3b. Now you have proof that you did not warp in combat.

The only thing that is worse than me needing to post this is that it is needed.

Just as a warning to every PvP player, If I find that you have combat warped or combat logged and I Get the responsibility of baning you, I will ban you where you will never want to do it again. If you do, It will be a perma-ban. Also, lies, will result in a ban.

Bottom line: Follow the rules and back up your story.

Edit: added /time to my post.

12. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

This is a great post as a PVPer i will use this (if a remember) thanks hizeron.

13. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah, thanks for that post, Hiz. It obviously took a while :D

As a matter of fact, if I may, I would like to propose that that this post of yours be made into a sticky topic under the PvP thread. Perhaps revised a bit, but I think something along those lines should be made into the standard form of self defense when being accused of combat warping. If someone cannot do what you asked, then they serve their rightful punishment. It is their responsibility to know all of these things.