Derelict Towns

Discussion in 'Towns' started by Mercury_NYC, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Mercury_NYC

Mercury_NYC Member VIP

I was wandering around PvP land when I came upon a HUGE town.

I don't often wander and was surprised by how many derelict building and half-assed construction projects there were out there.

Personally, i'm all for cleaning up these "ruins", so that when new people come & join our server they have nice fresh land to build their half-assed buildings.

I think we should have a Moderator of Land Management who does the following:

1. Wanders around and checks out buildings. Who built it?
    2. Is that player active in the last 6 months?
    3. Restore the land to a natural look.

Now I don't know who would want that project, but I would surmise they would have to be from New York and really cool. Where oh where could we find someone like that. #pickmepickme

But in all seriousness, aside from firebombing our lands and starting over we should really think about land restoration based on non-use. The only "fear" is that you delete someones land or buildings who are still using it or is still active. Thoughts?

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Tough to check, though. He tool got reset, so only builds in the past Weeks would show an owner.

3. Mercury_NYC

Mercury_NYC Member VIP

We could post a sign near said buildings or some kind of large monument which signals it's ripe to be deleted in a month.

My main concern isn't getting rid of very cool looking buildings, but getting rid of cobble stone crappy ones AND also freeing up good land for new players who want to build their towns or homes.

For example, I want to possibly relocate my home closer to a portal, but see that nearly all portals have some kind of buildings constructed near them. I don't want to infringe near someone else's property, but would also think that other newer players probably wander around, don't know if that big cobblestone castle or cathedral belongs to someone else or not.

4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

im wondering, where did you find this?
    could it be bmac's project Validion
    This job wouldn't be too hard also because of the live map

5. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

You don't have to look hard. I can point out at least 3 derelict towns within a couple hundred blocks of Arcadia

2 of the town I know are abandoned, the other, started by a Awastedlife, was seemingly given up on in favor of Flex

The problem I see is that even if a house or town looks abandoned it may not be.