Arcadian War Suggestions

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by iiDreamzzHD, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Please note this post isn't because DragonForge is being a sore loser, the game needs changes either way.

-Everyone uses their own armor no spawning of armor and swords.(If that's how it was anyways.)
    It isn't fair that attackers are using their armor for when Arcadia is saying "Why not? We've got nothing to lose!"

-Once you die you're out no question
    Arcadians don't have to walk nearly as far as the attackers do. Unless we make it to where attackers can use town spawn.

-Spread people out
    If multiple chests are needed, so be it. Anything to prevent 4 people standing on top of the loot chest making it impossible to be sneaky, steal and go

-Change of sides
    Once attackers win they change to defending and vise versa, defending is, in my opinion, easier and more fun as well :D

More will be added when they're thought of. That's all I have for right now.​

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

3. CalWinning

CalWinning New Member

What about armor? I think there should have been a standard set for attacking and defending- its not fair to the poor people.

Also i think there should be a more complicated map, with traps and pitfalls from the walkways.

4. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

All items involved in the raid were obtained legitimately. None were spawned, whatsoever.

I understand what you mean with the walking, obviously, but we're not just allowed to grab some more diamond armor and potions and come back. We're required to get iron armor from a password-locked chest at t spawn.

If 4 people are standing on the chest, why can 4 people not come attack it, in turn.

I agree with the last one, that is needed.

5. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i think it was great!! attacking had like 20-30 people rush in, and could have Easily taken the loot! it should change towns, but for defending it was perfect. we cant defend against 20+ people with no armor, it will cause fist or melon rushing.

6. iiDreamzzHD

The attackers would have to do the same. They would have to spawn, get more armor, swords, potions etc then walk. Defenders only have to get more. One life needed, definitely.

7. ndvenckus1

The problem with that, dreamzz, is that we're allowing anyone that's not from the town to continuously rush at us with whatever they want for an entire hour. All that we have is the people online in our town, and once they die, they are required to go to our armory, unlock a password-protected chest, and get iron armor and diamond swords -- a process that takes a considerably long time, and gives us gear that is much worse than that of our enemy. I think it's fair the way it is.

8. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

if this took place in DF, you would do exactly what you dislike. if the rules were changed to how you say, you would have people spawn rushing, getting armor, and winning in like 20 mins. if you coordinate well, or go nray and bomb us with a hoe, you can easily win and get far. my point is that instead of whining and quitting, regroup, strategize and come again! ;D

9. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

I only agree with the last suggested idea, that there should be a switch up of sides, or we do it in a different town. But I disagree that the chests should be spread out. Everyone In arcadia TS was freaking out when we saw 30 people running towards our town, you had more than enough people to overwhelm the 4-5 people defending the chest at the time. What my suggestion is. Is that the chest be easier to get to. I'm not going to lie. It was near-impossible to get to the chest unseen. So maybe if we build a nice fort on the ground would that make people more agressive and have a better shot at the chest? Idk if that would change anything. But I feel that it would.

10. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Also you all didn't walk from pvp spawn. You did /t spawn thanatus xD

11. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

Kind of sucks that farside members can go to spawn then come attack DF or some other town but when we go to attack them we have a extremely long walk.

12. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

We came from my town only the first time. After that it was only the spawn.

Ndv, don't expect any sympathy from us raiders who got slaughtered because you had to unlock a chest. Even if we killed every single over of you, you'd be back in 30 seconds. Also, there was no way we could charge you. Your fortress was so heavily guarded that half of us would be dead before even entering combat.

On a related note, you all had a nearly unlimited supply of resources. Die? Warp back. Lose arrows? Grab some from the chest, 2 floors away. Hurt? Use that full chest of potions to heal you and everyone near you. If we killed a few people with arrows, they'd be back before we could cross the bridge.

Manglor wanted to stimulate a real war, but that couldn't have been father from a raid. It was a massacre, with the defensive advantage at all times.

In effect, that didn't work, a huge revamp must be done before anyone will be willing to risk playing.

13. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I just did some research, here's some statistics from the point that first blood was drawn (Manglor on fixterjake11) to the point mandrewf died, which was when we were both leaving.

For every one man we killed, we lost 3.
    We can't respawn, which means that it was a futile attempt, and rushing would have just made your massacre easier.

Only 3 players on our side actually killed someone, and they were all killed later.
    This means we gained no benefit of added pvp gear, nor the treasure. We walked away solely having given Arcadia our stuff, no one walked away the richer

3 players were at least 5 blocks away from the chest at one point, and many more were above it waiting to paradrop in.
    The fact that we had many players near it means that the one way in, one way out method only made accessing the chest and gaining any benefit impossible

Not a single defender who killed one of us died.
    The odds were stacked impossibly against us, with half of the defense shooting arrows and the other half stabbing people in the back, there was no way to advance nor retreat.

If anyone sees these statistics and still thinks its fair, there is nothing more I can do, as long as they profit they are fine with whoever else gets trampled.

14. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

1 I told everyone this was going to be hard and you had to be organized, the attackers had considerably more players then Arcadia had online, but It counted for nothing when you all seperated out.

2 the loot was actually more then I had posted on the forums, wasnt til after the battle was lost that it became an issue

3 Absolutly NO items were spawned and everything from the arcadian war and PVP games was from my own personal stuff ( with the exception of some items max placed ) I risked a lot of my personal stuff to try and make this fun ( armor, diamonds, experience, potions etc)

4 Everyone was well aware that this was a trial run and some issues where bound to come up

5 this isnt about getting free items... this was about having good pvp battles since the lack of pvp has been disheartning

bottom line this that the attackers had more then enough to take the chest, but assumptions from players that caused them to leave and the lack of organization where its downfall

I agree with 2 things however, I do believe arcadia should not respawn, but as we only lost a 2-3 players that issue did not directly effect the outcome of the fight.

Also the ammount of loot in the chest was not worth the effort, I get that, but remember these where my own items, NOTHING was spawned, after running 2 games of King of the hill my resources had run a little low.

Other then those 2 issues I think you had a pretty fair shot at getting the chest, if you look at those combat logs also you can see the liquid killed the entire defense of the chest area, with better organization you could of had the chest.

I'm open to suggestions : so far Im considering moving the chest location, making it so town members cant respawn, and/or having the event at other towns, but in no way was I trying to set it up so we steal your items, I could care less about the items, its about the pvp and the fun.

"If multiple chests are needed, so be it. Anything to prevent 4 people standing on top of the loot chest making it impossible to be sneaky, steal and go" why would it be fair for 1 attacker to sneak up and steal the loot? everyone is almost acting like nothing was risked by arcadia.

I had on prot 4 diamond armor and a sharp 3 fire 2 sword, do you think I wanted to lose that? No. but I risked it in battle to have a good time, and I'm not the only one, that had excellent stuff

How many of you would have attacked if I had just said "Arcadia challenges every town on the server, no prize, no nothing." would you just not attack because I didn't put a loot box for you? or would you fight for the fun?

15. ndvenckus1

Like Mang said, we were the ones that were severely outnumbered, not you, and the game was not meant to be set up as a "massacre." The way I see it, you guys all had a very fair chance, and all that stopped you from winning was lack of organization and teamwork. I'd be fine with not allowing respawns, as well, because, as showed from your statistics, only 3 Arcadians died, none of which got any kills in the first place. We can have it in another town, or move the chests, or whatever, but in the end, it seems like you guys are just mad that you lost, and you have to realize, this was a trial run. We can make improvements later, but the whole goal of this was to have fun.

16. iiDreamzzHD

That's exactly what I'm saying. I had a hell of a time!! Even though I died in the first 10 minutes the thrill of running into battle with 15 people was good enough for me. I didn't mean for this thread to escalate into an argument, I was just saying that the game needed some changes, which we both agree on. You're right, it was a trial run, in fact I said the exact same thing in TS after the battle was lost. In the end, Mang, you're right the goal of it is to have fun and that's something that many people had today. And I think all of us who participated in the war today owe Mang a thank you for using his stuff. I thought it was spawned prizes like the auctions, that's where I was wrong.

I say we make it one life, as when people re-spawn it drags the war on and it kind of gets boring in my opinion. This way we can keep it short and sweet and it would influence more planning for the attackers as we only have one shot. It would keep it more intense and action packed with more strategy.
    Maybe we do it in waves? First wave until everyone dies or the loot is collected, then if both sides are up for it we could have a second wave 10 minutes later or something. Enough time to armor up, regroup, and think of a new gameplan.

Also switching towns I am in favor for as well, you have to agree, it's extremely fun to defend more so than it is to attack.

17. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I would have. I attack Arcadia all the time without guaranteed loot. That's because I like to kill people, get their armor, and have it be about tactics. I can kill up to half a dozen people in Arcadia when acting alone or with a small group. That's because they don't have to camp a single fortification, and because I don't have to do a banzai charge to get within combat distance.

It wasn't a fair chance. The chest was hidden, and the only way to reach it would be to cut through 5 or 6 guys in a small room, all armored and with health potions galore. And it's not that I'm so petty as to rage about losing, it's that what we would have had to do to get the chest was not worth what was in the chest, nor would it have been practical. In a real raid, we don't send cannon fodder first to get shot up, we work as a team to try to inflict the maximum kills while losing the minimum amount of members. There was no opportunity to play like a real raid here.

18. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Are you suggesting arcadia just go about their normal business during the event? sure its is easy to raid any town when no one is expecting it. If it was a real raid and we seen you on dynmap how would it be any different? And I even added guaranteed loot if you had won to try and give incentive to fight and suddenly it wasn't enough loot?

I admit the prize wasnt up to standard but seriously what incentive is it for me to even put a prize? If you had won you would of had all of our stuff PLUS the loot in the chest, and even then if you complained it wasnt enough I would have made the prize higher.

The incentive for me to make a loot chest is to bring PVP back to PVP towns, Not to supply enemy towns with armor, weapons, and loot, or, even, supply arcadia with armor and weapons

you say no one had a chance to get the loot, but liquid made it their by himself and killed the people guarding the chest, if you had just worked as a team instead of 20 random players running around every direction you could of gotten the chest and got out.

I think the problem is you want it to be so easy that 4 or 5 people can get away with the loot. I don't want to argue about this anymore..... I'm going to modify the rules and change the amount of loot for next week, if you don't want to participate, then don't.

To all those that had a great time, the rules and prize will be modified next week to make it enjoyable for all.

19. ndvenckus1

I really wouldn't like this whole post to turn into an argument, but I really disagree with what you're saying, and you don't seem to be comprehensive of the fact that this was a trial run

As stated before, we were outnumbered 3:1. Why couldn't you have played it like a real raid? Go for the "maximum kills while losing the minimum amount of members," and then go after the chest, while everyone that you killed either hasn't come back, or is using iron armor and a diamond sword, which you should easily be able to take out. It was clearly stated in the post that the chest would be on the top of town spawn, how was it "hidden?" Beside that point, I counted 3 different ways to get to the chest; that wasn't easy enough?

As I said, in the end you guys didn't play it tactically; you're mad that you lost, and you are completely missing the fact that, again, this was a trial run. I think overall everyone had fun, but the arguing needs to stop. We can make changes later, but I can't stand all the "it wasn't fair!"s that are being let out by everyone. Just stop.

20. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

I agree with Ndv and Manglor. You had 0 strategy, that led to your demise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.