Leaves

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by Wkdclwncar, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

For some reason I cant shear leaves. I try repeatedly and the leaves disappear, then reappear and nothing happens. It still wrecks the durability on my shears but I get no leaf blocks out of it. Help

2. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

why is this in server suggestions?

3. trentr6436

trentr6436 Member VIP

its in the child board called server issues

4. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah leaves have been a bit weird for voxelsniper...they decay whenever I use them as a brush...

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

That's always happened, even with World edit. You'd have to go to the dev's for that but they are already working on it probably.

6. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I'm glad it happens with world edit. Falling sand/gravel event would not be possible without it.

7. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

You know that you can just have some damage value to make them stay... or use the physics flag in vs.

8. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Lol whatever, some people are lazy :p

9. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Does anyone know what is causing this? It seems to have gone off on a tangent. I cant work on my project at all until I am able to harvest leaf blocks.

10. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Still having the same issue. It doesnt seem to have been resolved

11. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Bump! Still not able. I really need to be able to, in order to finish my project

12. Griffsbrown

Oh no. I'm starting a forest themed town tomorrow and leaves are must have. I hope this gets fixed soon.

13. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I actually just tested this and I have the same problem. Leaves regenerate the instant they are broken by sheers. The tool appears to lose durability, but right clicking after a few seconds will cause the durability to go right back up.

14. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

The best thread I could find on this (as others seem to be having the same issue, even on other servers) is that it may have something to do with mcmmo. Once you get over 100 woodcutting you gain Leafblower and that may be causing the problem. Sounds like a stretch to me, but both Millla and I have very high woodcutting, so maybe something to look into. No idea how to fix, but maybe if thats the case just turn Leafblower off? Its useless anyway :D

15. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Wkd is on to something. I tested another account (no mcmmo skills) and I can sheer leaves without issue. The problem still persists on my main account. I then found this on the mcmmo wiki:

"Players are unable to shear leaves (Reports of being unavailable after level 100 due to Leaf Blower Skill, but also showing up below level 100)"

I feel we should disable leaf blower and see if that fixes the problem. Oh, and leafblower just instantly breaks a leaf block when clicked with an axe.

16. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

leafblower is a useless skill... i will power raise my woodcutting and test this at 99 and 100 skilll :)

17. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Bump! Still can't shear leaves. Any word on a fix for this yet? Did you try turning LeafBlower off? I need over 100,000 leaf blocks and would love to get started on shearing them :D

18. Griffsbrown

I'm woodcutting level, like 18 and I can shear leaves just fine.

19. dogzfriend

dogzfriend Member

I tried this earlier today when I got to 100, and the same thing happened as already described.
    It went a little something like this:

Pre lvl100

Leaves: You're the only one who understands me Shears!
    Shears: You give me purpose Leaves!

Post lvl100

Shears: Hey Leaves!
    Leaves: I don't love you anymore!
    Shears: But.. Why?!
    Leaves: Axe was always there for me, it's over Shears.

man, I need some sleep.

20. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

better love story than twilight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.