Logging in dead

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by lucky6950, Aug 11, 2012.

1. lucky6950

lucky6950 Member

Today i logged out twice, and when i came back online i was dead. I don't know why but when i logged out i wasnt under attack so there was no way something could have killed me. Don't if this is a bug or not.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

The combat tag plugin is buggy and saved an npc of you. You were there for about hours, when moose told us pyro killed you so nobody could claim your head for their throne. He gave your stuff to moose I believe, it was just bread.

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah so lucky, need to know if

• [li]you attacked me just before I logged out[/li]
      [li]and if you also logged out around when I logged out[/li]
    I don't remember getting hit by you, or the other way around, so not sure what's going on there

4. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

If one or the other person gets hit, then both are combat tagged, and if they log out it leaves the NPC exposed to anybody who finds it.

5. majestic_moose

I know, it was me and sharqman who worked this out. I'm just saying this because I don't remember me and lucky getting combat tagged in the first place.

And max, I'm assuming that this is a combat tag "feature" that effectively stops players for combat logging by leaving the player there, so in moments of pvp the attacker can still get the loot they deserve. A bug (or another stupid "feature") is that it also removes all levels the player had, (maybe to discourage people logging out to save their levels)

EDIT: Not strange behaviour, the only thing the plugin actually does:
    "How it works:
    Combat tag makes it impossible to pvp log!
    When a player is struck by another player, combat tag logs it in its log.
    If one of the players logs off within 10 seconds (time can be changed) of being struck, combat tag comes to play.
    Combat tag makes it so that if the player logs off within the ten second field, he spawns an NPC with the same inventory/health as him.
    The player that was attacking then can attack the NPC, and the same is done to the logged off player.
    If the player kills the NPC, the player that logged off in combat is also killed, and drops everything in their inventory.
    If the player causes damage to the NPC, the player that is logged off also takes the damage (including armor)."

6. majestic_moose

Yeah I was gonna say, it was just because you said it was strange behaviour that confused me.

And what do you mean? I would say it has always been happening, but no one has really noticed before.

Did you know it was supposed to clear all experience? Cause that really sucks for when it just happens, like when someone play hits you just before you log out. Combat logging is ban worthy, so I reckon it would be better if levels could be cleared then, rather than when the player logs out

7. lucky6950

lucky6950 Member

The second time i had armor a sword and bow.

And i am completely lost and dont get anything at all.

8. majestic_moose

To prevent players from logging out during a fight this plugin leaves an NPC with all of the data values as the actual character (health, inventory, armour). You were combat tagged when you logged out, and then Pyro had an epic pvp battle with you (which he won)

9. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

it was pretty epic... i killed you and your bread!

and there was only bread... as i showed up with nothing and left with nothing after throwing two pieces of bread to moose.

10. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

pyro is such an animal lover! feeding wild mooses bread!

11. majestic_moose

He's just trying to suck up to me, I mean, why wouldn't you :)