_Flagellum's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Flagellum, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

Tonight, was banned for warping to pvp. What happened was that I warped to Farside to hang out with people there. I even came and said that I wouldn't kill unless I was attacked, and people said that they were fine with that. Then, North_Korean starts shooting arrows at me, so I kindly ask him to stop. He kept doing it, so I again asked him to stop. He wouldn't so I just ignored him, and went on hanging out. North then comes down from the tree he was sniping me in and starts shooting me on the ground. I again ask him to stop and tell him that if he does not, I will attack him. He kept shooting me, so I run over to him and give him a whack with my sword. I then back off for a second to see if he would stop, but he pulls out a potion and throws it at me. I then start attacking him. Once I kill him, Awastedlife bans me for "warping to pvp." Awasted was there and saw the whole thing. He saw my repeated messages in chat saying that if North did not stop, I would attack. Once I was banned, I talked to him in teamspeak about it. He said that it is illegal to defend yourself if you warp to pvp. I went through the rules and could find nothing about defending oneself if you warp to pvp. I told him this and he also stated that I had another PvP "incident" recently. I wasn't quite sure how that incident played into the situation. I know the rules of warping to pvp, but I was attacked first. I intentionally warned them not to attack me. I don't see how this is my fault that I was attacked and defended myself. Any rational person would. It was my understanding that if you were attacked, you could defend yourself, and since the rules say nothing about it, I would like to be unbanned.
    Sincerely,
    _Flagellum

2. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Warping to pvp is illegal, that includes defending yourself if you port to a foreign town. Since North was part of the nation he can kill you because Farside is part of the nation. Just because you say you are going to kill people if you are attacked doesn't mean you can still pvp. I'm already being lenient about your ban and reduced it to 3 days.

3. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I just don't see how this is worth a ban when someone else earlier in the week committed the exact crime as me, and was only fine 250r for it (I'm talking about Random0ne). You told me yourself that this ban was completely unbiased, so why should I get banned, but him not.

EDIT: Also, if you can't defend yourself if you warped, everyone in PvP that I have fought over the course of the past week should also be banned for using a /home for combat.

4. DastardlyWhale

The only reason i banned you is because you can easily just pay the 250r and be on your way. I can already see that there are already flaws to this new bailing system from one of our members who had a pvp infraction and just paid the 250, only to find out he does the same thing again in the same week. Obviously, people do not learn by paying rupies for something they did wrong.

Using /home for combat? IF I CATCH ANYBODY USING A /HOME OR A /T SPAWN of a foreign town to pvp, i will have no hesitation on punishing those. If you want to warp to combat, use ./warp pvp or your OWN /t spawn to pvp.

5. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

If they did not walk to their /home in PvP, they cannot attack is essentially what you are saying. So anyone who defends themselves at a /home in PvP should be banned because in your book, it is "warping to pvp" if you defend yourself after you warped there. What I am trying to say is that when I go raiding someone in PvP, they cannot attack me back and defend themselves if they used a /home to get to the area. By making a rule that says "you cannot defend yourself if you haven't walked to the place," is killing all PvP that doesn't occur in towns, because who wants to have to walk out to their /home just so they can defend themselves without breaking a rule? I just think that we should be able to hit back if we are attacked. It doesn't make any sense to tell someone, "sorry, but you can't defend yourself in PvP if you warped there. The attacker initiated combat with you, so they should be ready to face the consequences. If they didn't want to fight, they shouldn't have attacked you.

6. DastardlyWhale

That is exactly how brenthi got banned. Using a /home to defend his stuff. It got him his MONTH long ban. Using anybody's /home is illegal including your own.

7. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

So the next time I walk somewhere and attack someone and they attack me back, I'm just going to report them. Anyway, I'm done arguing about this. I just think that it is ridiculous that you cannot defend yourself if you warp to somewhere in PvP. , specifically when you told them that you were peaceful, yet they attacked anyway. I just think there should be a rule that says if you are attacked anywhere in PvP, you can defend yourself. It doesn't make much sense in my head that you can't. See you on Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.