Dann01520 Architect Application 2

Discussion in 'Architect Applications' started by Dann01520, Jan 24, 2013.

?

Should Dan01520 be Architect?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dann01520

Dann01520 Member Creative Architect

This thread is for admins and architects to post only. Please nobody else post here.

IGN: Dann01520
    Why I want to become Architect: I have been playing on the server for a good while now. During this time i feel i have learnt allot of new ideas and techniques that i have been incorporating into my builds. I always look for different styles, and try not to do the same thing twice. I try to help anyone who asks on the creative server, and have also never been banned kicked or even slapped! I am keen to help make this server one of the best for producing top quality builds, and i feel my builds are good enough to apply.
    I am most active durning weekday nights for anywhere between 3 - 6 hours, some times more. If i gain architect, i will look forward to being able to contribute more in and around the server.
    How long I have been on the server: June the 9th 2012 - January 24th 2013
    Warps, Pictures, or Coordinates below:
    /Warp Hoteldann
    /Warp Castledann

Attached Files:

2. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Screens are good, but you are using a texture pack so I am not too sure how it translates. I will check this later on along with trukk's app. Another thing I can pick out is that you have been on this server longer than me, but I only heard from you in the last week. I seriously didn't know you existed, this makes me doubt how active you are and how helpful you are as a player, I'll be keeping an eye out. I'll edit this post when I have seen your builds.

3. Dann01520

I wasn't active from around.. july - november, because where i was working i had no internet.. Scottish Islands.. lol But to be honest i did keep my head down and just got on with building. But since around christmas I have been trying to get more involved! Thanks anyway.

4. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

:confused: I have got to go see this for sure
    EDIT /warp castledann is pretty good my only concern is the sand / stone/ sandstone floor left over from leveling and the inner castle walls that are all stone brick.
    /warp hoteldann is a shame really. The all glass look is just killing this build. It has great shape and form but you cant tell from the lack of blocks (glass) it just looks like a stick frame
    My suggestion is fix castledann and I would say yes
    EDIT: /warp castle is fixed now. so I say yes

5. Dann01520

Hey siout.
    The hotel is a shame i agree. Soon i am going to turn it into a building site, with tower cranes etc. I think it should look good as you can see all the frame. It will have the Under construction look.
    Do you meen the external levelling at castledann.. or the floors inside? Im totally on the case of the inner stone walls! I shall let you know when there done!
    Cheers

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's a no from me for now.
    Both of the builds have a 'not quite finished' feel about them, and I would like to see them be finished a bit more before I can safely say yes. The outsides are fine, it's just the interiors that need a bit of attention.

7. Lionfish12

Lionfish12 Active Member Creative Architect

/warp hoteldann is not my favorite, too much stone, glowstone, and glass, not to mention it doesn't look done.
    /warp castledann is much better, but there is something about it that I just don't like, and honestly, I don't know what it is.. I think for me it's the block choices. All the blocks you used are fine, but there are just way to many repeating blocks in my opinion. On the walls with the wooden roof, the same pattern is repeated over and over again with that decorative stone brick block thing, and I feel like it's just too much. And on the sandstone and lapiz tower, I feel like the sandstone slabs are just too much and I would prefer to just see a solid sandstone behind it instead of the stone with the sandstone slabs.
    Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the shape of some of the structures. They look like those boxy circle that guests use because they have no clue how to make a circle. Im guessing that this was intended, but I'm just not a huge fan and I think that there was better options than what you chose.
    I don't really like texture packs because I just use default, so I feel like that texture pack is giving it much more credit than is really there, and I know that is a bit picky. xD

So I guess i'm still undecided at the moment. I can see that you have talent, I just feel like there were better things you could have done with it.
    I'll get back to you on my answer. xD

8. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I have to agree that the hotel isn't the best, some parts even looking incomplete. However, the castle is another story. I really like the detail all throughout this build. The way you mixed water and lava in the build is also very cool. The one big thing holding this build back is there is a very small amount of interior with a ton of dead space still. If you were to work more on the interior it would be a yes from me.

9. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yes from me brooo. Your latest build is really nice. :>

10. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

Dann, you know how I feel about /warp castledann. It has the size and sufficient details going for it. Your synchronized lighting in the main entrance hallway is admirable. I also like the theme of good versus evil that you tried to portray throughout this build. I know that you have started an entirely new build from our conversation the other day. I'm sure that it will be an architect-worthy build as well.

I noticed the lack of proper lighting in three of the towers and I also echo Z_Mill'as concern about the emptiness inside. Those are quick fixes my friend. I would also vote yes upon its completion.

BTW, I can personally attest to your presence on the server since you tend to build during the wee hours like I do. :)

11. Dann01520

Hey guys,

Wow i really appreciate all this feed back, and I know exactly where everyone is coming from. Hoteldann is weak, agreed. I found my self building away and realising i couldn't really take it anywhere or even introduce any more block types. But lately I think I have found a solution to it, but we shall see in the near future. As for castledann, the way I went about building it was not to plan at all where it was going to take me. Some may argue this wasn't the best option, but i just wanted to see what would happen. The next build is going to be completely planed. I use google sketch up and auto cad to produce drawings, i might post screens of them soon. I find the outsides of a build easier to finish, and when thats done, I struggle to want to finish the insides, and move on to something else.. But i WILL kick this habit lol!
    But in the next day or to, castledann will be finished. and i would again love to hear the final opinion on it.

Aslo legend, i don't quite understand your post on here earlier. was that directed at me??

Thanks a lot guys, and if i do make architect you can expect some epic structures popping up around the server!

12. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Legend's post was in response to someone else's, which was promptly removed. I have now removed those posts to avoid any further confusion.

13. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

No, it wasn't directed at you. Someone who wasn't meant to comment on this thread did, and I pointed it out to them. So now their comments are gone, but mine remain.

14. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

I think castledann is a really nice build however I do want to see the finnished look on it. But Im not sure im the one to talk when it comes to a total finnished build since im still working on that project myself.
    And for the other part, the more social part... I think you should talk to more people so they get to know you or atleast here of your build a little bit more. Only because I get the feeling that not many people knows about you:(
    Still its a 98% Yes from me:)

15. Dann01520

oh right, sorry. The post must have been deleted so i never saw it.

Incase anyone viewed my castle over 2 days ago.. I have now finished the court yard in the middle, and the two four smaller towers now have light inside.
    Im now working on a new floor inside the main tower.
    If people are having a look around, remember to look out for switch for secret doors and bridges! lol

Thanks again

16. Dann01520

Lol pelle, i must have posted the exact same time you just posted on my previous comment!

I know, i try to interact with people more.. but i get to hooked on building lol
    Thanks a lot for the feed back, hope you appreciated the tour!

17. Pelle_Sudden

Pelle_Sudden Member Creative Architect

Same goes for me, the chat offten flashes by to fast but i try to be allert when my name is mentioned or when someone calls for help :p
    thanks for the tour:)

18. Tar Guevara

Tar Guevara Member Creative Architect

The improvements on /warp castledann looks great! My vote is yes! :)

19. Dann01520

Thanks alot targ! :)

20. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Hi Dann, sorry I still haven't replied lol, I was feeling a bit off :confused:
    As I have said in game to you, I like the style and idea of your builds and I've seen you improve alot on your castle.
    Similar to others, I also feel there is an unfinished look that you should try to address, but other then that, It's a Yes from me. (Providing you finish it off before moving onto a new project :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.