Get rid of "Claiming" :(

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Ksapple107, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

It is a major inconvenience... at least get rid of it for higher ranks :(

I hate it and I know other people do too!

2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

You're not even forced to use it though....

Mega_Spud and AnnodynS like this.
  3. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Ks What is the inconvenience? I've used that plugin all year. It was phenomenal. You do have to use a few commands but it's very useful. If you mean that you can't build on other people's builds unless they use the trust command.. I feel that's a small trade off for the protection of your claim. It takes a little bit of learning.. but gives a lot of peace of mind in the long run. Just wondering what problems you are having with it.

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The only inconvenience that I see with it is with buckets and placing liquids. Not sure if there's anything else apart from that? If that's the only thing, then I don't really see the problem.
    Just putting it out there Ksap, when you applied for Arch, you said that you mainly wanted WE/Voxel, I'm pretty sure that that has a lot more commands to use than this, and is more complex.

Ksapple107 likes this.
  5. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

Well the claiming system is good and handy. But i personally feel that the ammount of blocks we can claim is a bit low for creative.

Ksapple107 likes this.
  6. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Unless abilities are taken away, and only accessible on claimed land (placing water from what I can tell), it takes nothing from the game and only adds. If you don't want that addition, don't make use of it. Don't complain about a feature you don't want to use and don't have to use. If indeed water placement is restricted, that should probably be removed.

As for the messages when you're build is half claimed, don't half claim it, wait until you're done or accumulated enough points. A WIP isn't as likely to get griefed, and if it does, you'll notice, because you're there most of the time. The bigger the build, the longer it takes to make. The longer it takes to make, the more you can vote. The more you can vote, the more you can claim. Thus, once you've finished you're build, you can claim it, protecting it from griefs when you're there less often.

It's better than no claiming at all, beneficial to the player and admins (don't have to worry about griefing) as well as the server (more votes)

Mega_Spud and A360P like this.
  7. TheOnlyGurra

TheOnlyGurra Active Member Creative Architect

the only probelm i can think of with this plugin would be when we admins clean up the maps and have to check for claimed land, but maybe theres a solution for that

8. reshatok

reshatok Member Creative Architect

There is a little inconvenience. here is what I do currently to circumvent water placement in areas I build in but cant protect. I am also trying to grief guard by build/s.
    1. Un claim some protected land
    2. claim the area i want to place water in
    3. drop claim in water placement area
    4. go back to place claim was to begin with and claim the land

Thinking about it all you have to do to water grief unclaimed land is place a claim and remove it.

I wouldn't normally say anything but is this intention of this plugin? (To prevent random water grief in addition to personal grief protection)

If it is I'm fine with the idea. But it can be easily circumvented

9. AnnodynS

AnnodynS Guest

Water placement can be an issue and reshatok.. that's a great solution.

I have to say.. there is no hope that I will ever be able to protect my land as I can't forsee being on enough to earn the blocks. Can we earn these via voting? I can't remember as I've been a bit out of touch this month. I'd love to see claim blocks as a perk of donating. If we dont' have that in place yet, it probably needs to be. Of course, no one has had claimed land up to this point.. and most of our builds have survived so.. I can't see that as a crisis.

10. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Firstly, what people have to understand is that it is a new plugin and yes there will be some creases to iron out. There is no use complaining and asking something (like Moose said) that is only an addition to be removed. this is a great plugin and if people took enough time to step back and stop complaining we can work towards refining the use of the plugin. One thing lots of people have been complaining about is not having enough claim blocks, fair enough BUT imagine that we had this plugin from day one, the people who are currently complaining would have had enough claim blocks accumulated to cover any and all land, stop being selfish and think about the new players.

Secondly :

Yes :) you can indeed, Moose and I were talking and thought that we could add points as a perk for voting for survival too, if only to get the higher ranks caught up to where they should be on claim block quantity as a temporary thing.

Finally: I will, however, admit that the water placement and repeated messages are an annoyance but I am sure that imaxorz can make the adjustments where necessary.

Rant over.

AnnodynS likes this.
  11. A360P

12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

When will the next restart take place? Or is it not planned?

13. reshatok

reshatok Member Creative Architect

Server probably has restarted already.
    I believe the server restarts on a timer.

14. A360P

Well, I for one am upset that we have been pressured into getting rid of the plugin.

15. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

Well i have no idea why you removed it. But im a new player on the server and i dident even have close to the claimblocks needed. I think the system was good but could have used some tweaking for creative as the builds get alot bigger when you have free materials.

16. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

Oh *facepalm*, thanks imaxorz.

17. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Wait, what was this plugin called? I don't think I ever used it

18. Ksapple107

Ksapple107 Active Member Creative Architect

lol, sorry I fcouldnt respond to this, I was away on a weekend retreat. Mainly, what I didn't like about it, was the fact that it placed gold/glowstone on the corners, so if I am trying to claim a portion of my build just to place water, then it kind of... ruins a bit of it (I was working with a complex ish design). Another thing was that it kept asking me to claim the area and as it asked me.. it replaced the gold and glowstone that I already fixed. Legend.. I know I wanted World edit/Voxel use... but those are a convenience.. not an inconvenience -.o But there's no need in talking about it now

thanks max

19. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

The one inconvenience I have found with this is that I earlier couldn't place water in group projects and if someone asks for me to WE some stuff I am able to do //set but other commands I can't. I am neutral on this topic.

20. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Locking this, not sure what else could bee relevant.

My 2ยข, In future, these problems can be resolved much more effectively. E.g. You can simply not use a plugin you don't like, or heck, make a suggestion.

A360P likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.