What do you guys prefer?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by QuietSea, May 16, 2013.

?

Keep towny or find a better town plugin?

1. Keep towny

50.0%
  2. Find new town plugin.

50.0%
  1. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

What do you have against the idea of a win win compromise? I think the option to use either would work

2. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Like I said like 8 times it just makes sense to me that we should have a town plugin for towns. That's just my opinion.

3. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I'm used to towny since we've used it for the longest time, but I think something new should be added to help get new players to stay longer

4. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

How about having one or more of the new pvp towns get set up with world guard as a test run and feedback can be given by the people making the town and the people who buy it?

5. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

I think this is a good idea, but what appeal does worldguard have over towny? Sorry, I've not kept up with this thread.

6. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

I am really used to towny and so are many other players, it is useful and has a lot of useful commands and features, but we can experiment with others and see what we prefer.

7. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

It was discussed in further length in my other post. What it allows is for mayors to make plot sizes whatever they want, 13x10x16. Any square size they want and have a height limit. It also allows them to place multiple plots in the same vertical space whereas towny just goes from bedrock to sky limit in chunk based sizes (completely restricted to the chunks).
    Which would mean for example, if you wanted a road you would have to use an entire 16 wide plot for the road and perhaps some borders to the plots and if you wish to go with a bigger road you'd have to use 32 wide area. With world guard you can even move/expand/shrink existing plots by one block in whatever direction you wish. Although all region creation and change in terms of size and location has to be done by mods or admins this can just be set up with a /modreq.
    The other advantages is flags which are modifiers to a region so you can have a mob arena inside the town but only inside a specified plot.

It does have a lot of useful commands, but those regarding protection are outweighed by the heavy restriction with the chunk based plot system. However we can still keep all the other commands like /t online, /t spawn, banks and other things that don't make use of towny's protection.

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

We can try the world guard and towny integration in the new towns if the mayors want it, any current mayors can ask if they want this system integrated.

9. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I am willing to try on my town but I would like to save up more money so I can protect my walls

10. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

With all the new towns built this will surley work out. Good idea sharq.

11. iamenrique123

iamenrique123 Active Member VIP

Is it possible to change the poll to worldguard vs towny, to see if that makes a difference?

12. kirederf60

kirederf60 Active Member

Would be better to make a new post entirely as people have already voted, we could explain all of the pros and cons of both systems.