New Spawn

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Aug 24, 2013.

1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

What additions/changes do you think should be made to the new spawn? Personally I'd like to see bridges connecting all of the islands besides the guest area ofc.

Before you decide to post something, make sure you read QuietSea's long post later down the thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    Flamestar00 likes this.
  2. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

Well you've covered my idea. :D

sharqman likes this.
  3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I liked the old spawn cerb made better :p

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

What I think was good about the old spawn was the exploration. It had a guest spawn, events, and then a whole lot of other buildings, sewers and that to explore. Now there's just the guest spawn/quiz, hub and events on their separate islands, so you can't just run around and explore it.

What about doing something new with peaceful spawn? Have buildings and such to explore, and then maybe even make it an open town so people can live there. We could make plenty of areas to explore, and it'd be good for new players who want to have protected land and live in a town

Chronos likes this.
  5. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Before anyone posts more, read this first.

Okay, here we discuss what we can add to the new spawn. I was going to post this before sharq decided to go ahead and do it, but appearently he just decided to post it publicly and now it's turned into more of a roast of the new spawn so far rather than constructive advice on what there should be added with people saying it should be redone, it lacks dedication, or the typical "i liked cerb's spawn better." Yeah I'm a little butthurt about those comments, but you shouldn't sweat over the ignorance because I know about the long and difficult hours of at least trying to get a new spawn that satisfies everyone's wants. If you really think there should be a new spawn, great. Good for you. Go build another one for the server, and I'm sure everyone would be more than willing to use it. As for other people actually offering constructive advice for what we should include for the spawn, thank you.

Clearly if you thought we were all done with this new spawn, you are sadly mistaken. We are always going to be adding more to it.

Now that we got that out of the way. Let's talk about adding more to the spawn. I built it so that there would be infinite amount of things you can add on. It's an ocean world, so you can add infinite amounts of islands to it. That's what makes it so versatile and simple, people are able to get around it more easily and it's less oppressive than having giant buildings leaning over you when you first join the server. Yes we can get dragons flying in the sky, yes we can add more organic statues, and of course we can add bridges.
    • Bridges - Sounds completely pointless, but would look cool. A lot of the islands are far apart from each other and some islands have mountains that cut it off from the outside, making it almost impossible to connect a bridge to it because they are pvp arenas.
    • Statues - If you want statues, we can have people build them. I think it would be cool to have more sea creatures coming out of the water.
    • The scene of a kraken fighting a bunch of ships in a whirlpool
    • A ship at each island
    • Better terrain for islands
    • Actually get the PVP arena's working like they're supposed to. We have like 3-4 different PVP arena's not even in use right now for people to go to.
    • What happened to mob arena? A lot of people liked it and sharqman/pieman just gave up on getting it to work properly.
    • Get the events to actually work and get in more cool events.
    • I wanted to get some kind of public player market for people to go to and sell/buy stuff. I can imagine you'd be able to set up world guard regions so that people are able to place done chest shops.
    • New auctions house? Where's that? The one we have is out of place and doesn't match the theme at all.
    • New /warp bounty is still in the process of being built
    • There's a giant bedrock box precariously placed in the middle of the world that i didn't paste in. It's atrocious from the exterior and looks sloppily done.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Nifix, sharqman and aarondang like this.
  6. stlnaturals

stlnaturals Member VIP

Could we add pig races? Also I was thinking we have build offs during the events time? Lol, just ideas.

7. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

the spawb needs two things tlc and people to give it. If ya cant help out then don't bitch

8. QuietSea

That's basically the gist of my long post.
    Give spawn tender love and care. :3

9. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I thought tlc was tummy loving care? damn activia advert

10. majestic_moose

Bridges - Allows getting around spawn without relying on scriptblock/plugins. Feels more like exploring compared to clicking signs
    Mob arena - LWC messes with it, and sharq's ticket on the bukkit page has been unanswered for a month
    Some more events like KOTL which don't need anyone to run would be cool too.
    //replace bedrock with glass or an invisible block?

11. Pieman_Is_God

me and max were gonna take a look at it, dunno, maybe he forgot

12. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I think the new spawn needs to be spiced up a bit, it seems a little empty/dull.

13. majestic_moose

Spiced up how? empty/dull why?
    What did you prefer in the old spawn?

If you don't say what is wrong, we won't fix it

14. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

It was very elaborate and there was never nothing to look at, your eyes were always drawn to some nice patterns or a huge amazing building.
    The new spawn is rather, unfinished I suppose. It just needs touching up, more islands to be filled and some more detail in some areas.

15. sioutdoors

Give me perms I'll voxel some stuff in to make it more natural looking and some land bridges

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  16. Pieman_Is_God

No voxel on survival :p Only the joys of world edit terrain tools lol

17. sioutdoors

Gah well get it

A360P likes this.
  18. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Lol

19. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

The old spawn was more open. You could explore. This spawn is small and well feels cramped. Not much to do. In the old spawn you could get lost and have fun just exploring the nooks and crannies. Like for example if you went through the sewers you could find where we world edited at the old spawn and hid whole biomes.

20. QuietSea

Don't think you read what I said earlier lol. I mentioned that the spawn isn't completely done and there is still a lot more to be added, which is why we're asking for suggestions. It's initial main purpose was to ensure that a new promotion system was put in place and also an alternate events system.