Intro to Protius7331

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Protius7331, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Protius7331

Protius7331 New Member

Hi all, just joined the forums...5 minutes ago, the server about 10. I've been a casual Minecraft-er for the past couple years, having spent most of my time on small servers with some friends. I have very little experience with the MP aspect of the game, but I was poking around on the Planet Minecraft page and saw this server on there. After looking around the forums for Shade Crest, as well as a few others, I settled on Shade Crest due mostly in part to the organization of the website/forums as well as the process to become a member. The quiz was new and a unique way to ensure that no one could deny reading the rules.

I generally prefer to build in a survival setting, creative mode feels too easy for me. I enjoy the fear of losing my resources if I don't manage them well. I've gotten decent at redstone, however, I have played very little since the big redstone update so I might need some help with the new stuff in there. I plan to be hopping between the Mining, Nether, and Survival worlds a lot while I build up resources. One thing I was slightly confused on though: do I fill out an application as well as completing the quiz on the server? I didn't see anything about one on the forums but the wiki said something about an application being reviewed.

Flamestar00 and AwesomeGuy2010 like this.
  2. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

Welcome to the community! We have a quiz that you take when you first log on to survival, and if you pass you become a member. Enjoy your time here, and if you are looking for something to do or a town to join, have a look at my thread here:
    http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/5342/
    Enjoy your time here!

3. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to Shadecrest! To clarify on the application, we used to have an online application instead if a quiz. We probably just forgot to update the wiki.

4. Protius7331

Protius7331 New Member

Thanks guys, clears up a lot. AwesomeGuy, I can't promise regular enough attendance on the server to be useful to your project, as my work day is from 0500-1700 daily, sometimes longer. I plan to find a place to call home, and build to my heart's content on the peaceful server, until I understand PvP a bit more.

Stay with me...
    Sent from Tapatalk

5. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Welcome to the community! and if your thinking about pvp i would stock up stuff before u start =)

6. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Welcome to our community! :D

7. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

My town will be in the peaceful world, and you don't have to make a massive contribution if you want to join. :D

8. silverflame01

silverflame01 Member

Hai and welcome to the community xD

9. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Welcome to the server! I'm sure in the time you do manage to play you'll make a great addition to the community :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 4