Happy thanksgiving and 1.7.2 repost!

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by sharqman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Gold is still a good way for a cash boost when starting out.

2. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

It's probably not fair to make an iron or gold farm for those who don't know how to make a farm, and making one at or near spawn kind of ruins the point of surviving, seeing resources and money will be nearly infinite.

Sent from mah fone

3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

What if mob farms that generate heaps of profit were licensed to towns so they can contribute to the town upkeep without breaking the economy by having everyone making one? That could subsidise town rents and maybe provide incentive for people to join towns for access to the farms?

4. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

From what I understand, there will be no limitations (besides lag issues) to farms themselves at first. Think of it as a sort of "beta test", and modifications will be made to the rules based on the results. That being said, the oreshop prices will be modified to deal with the influx of iron and gold.

5. Legend9468

The same could be argued about mining (But someone won't know how to make a pickaxe!)

Or farming (How do I hoe the ground?! (Genuine question from people before, I almost disowned them))

Or building?!

6. treegrit

treegrit Member

Ok so we are just going to have to prism everything... Are we going to be able to lock right away or is this buffer week going to happen in between the world change? So when the new world comes up and the chests are refunded I can log on right after the move and lock all my chest right away? I'm sorry to be a pain but like I stated before I have a lot of stuff and I know I'm not the only one who will be worried about the protection even with prism in place.

7. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Why not just change it so you sell iron/gold ore rather then bars?

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

When your build is moved your locks will be refunded.

9. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Been discussing things. Myself and a large group of people have noticed that we don't like the idea of allowing iron golem/pig zombie farms. The economy breaking potential of these two things (in our minds) requires these two to be completely illegal, regardless of size or speed.

Flamestar00, treegrit and Jasperli like this.
  10. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

But you see, mining is such a basic thing, while making mob farms or Ore farms is something that isn't in the basic minecraft survival, and mining gives a lot less resources than a specific farm made to give you iron.

Sent from mah fone

11. sharqman

we're doing this.

12. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

wait, changing it to buy ores? that sorta sucks for anyone who already has a large stock of say iron or gold, and would want sell later on.

13. Legend9468

Again, mob farm are not as difficult as they sound. I used to use a drowning trap back in survival, that consists of a pool of water that drags mobs down into a 1 x x pit in which they drowned.

The basis is simple, but making it efficient is difficult. Much like with mining.

14. sharqman

sell now?

15. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

So I will be allowed to salvage gold / Iron armor after new maps as well ? :p

Also will the price of Iron ore / Gold ore change compared to the price of ingots atm ?

16. Legend9468

I would hope so, technically you're getting more bang for buck if they don't as ingots require smelting (Which uses coal/charcoal/wood/lava/etc0

17. treegrit

treegrit Member

So I'm going to sell now lol if this is going to change to ore ;-) Diamonds will still be sold/bought from ore shop though right?

18. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Will dynmap be updated when we get the new map? If so, I might find my new spot from that n have my village moved to that spot

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

19. Legend9468

Nah.

Old map, new player positions. Teach the kids never to trust what the man tells them, tech them never to trust anyone, teach them that apples are amazing, teach them to live a little, teach them to help eachother and teach them to make a better world.

20. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I want what he's on.

ezeiger92 and Random0ne like this.