iiDreamzHD PVP in transition

Discussion in 'Finger Pointing' started by mrtreefingers, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

What is your IGN? mrtreefingers

What is the IGN of the offenders? iiDreamzHD

What are their IGN's?

Were any mods or admins on at the time this happened? Yes, Max and Nifix as admins and smallfryz, ndvenukus, bobbylou

Around what time did it happen? (include timezone): 3:30pm est

Which rules did they break? PVP in map transtition*

Did you talk to the people who were doing the rule-breaking? Yes

What did they say? That they didnt know the rule"

Do you think they should be given a punishment for this? No

I was working on moving materials to the new map and putting chests around and working on a bridge while im waiting for my builds to be moved over (put in request yesterday).

I was under the impression that no PVP (on the new pvp map) would be happening until we got the map situated/settled regarding transfer of builds and towns.

Because of this (which i saw widely agreed upon on friday) I was allowing myself /show dynmap

iiDreamzHD naturally saw me and came and killed me while building, I told him what I thought the rules were, he left with my gear and more.

What is the deal, someone tell me the rules so i can play correctly. Also, while this all occured in public chat why did none of the above staff help resolve the issue?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I was in Skype with him as this was happening, and just after he'd killed NDV and Shock. The reason I didn't stop him was because I saw no rules specifically pointing out that you weren't allowed to PvP- The closest to that being the rule that you can't steal from chests. He also argued that though, it was indeed during the transition, you were actually building a bridge (I was watching blocks appear on it on Dynmap while he was stalking about). You can't argue that you were moving things, and he was kind enough to leave your building materials in a chest nearby, only taking the PvP gear that you had on you.

TL;DR: Sure, it was a dick move, but it was legal as far as the Transition Rules are concerned

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

It doesn't say that you can't pvp because you can. The only rule was for looting chests because those will need time to relock.

4. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

Hazy, cheap, but legal. I guess now that I know he was on TS in cahootz with a few others +mods it makes more sense when the crowd was completely silent when I asked what the rule actually was. If it was clearly stated someone would have said something.

/endthread

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Woooo! Random TS bash! We are a mafia of corrupt staff and members all conspiring to destroy the server!
    But seriously, no.
    </thread>

6. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I think it would benefit everyone to just listen to this song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.