Bans versus Warnings?

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by dochalfday, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dochalfday

dochalfday New Member

Hello

A question regarding bans and warnings.

My son was recently banned for, in his words, "helping someone to kill a cow". I think it was a cow anyway.

There was certainly no malice involved. He is a helpful fellow.

I am not appealing the ban, but I have checked over the rules again and it certainly isnt 100% clear to me. Personally I would not have got involved in the first place, but for new players it doesn't seem so clear cut.

I suggest that education, such as a warning that clears up any confusion on the rules (in the first instance) would be a more effective approach than a ban.

dochalfday

2. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

We'll killing animals won't get you banned usually, so I find that hard to believe, you can check why he was banned if you go to imaxorz's post at the top of the ban appeals.

3. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

dochalfday What's his username and do you know who banned him?

In the rules its illegal to kill other peoples farm animals, but its gonna be up to the staff member who banned him to decide.

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Guessing their name online is robot9ninja, as they were banned for killing others mobs (ban expires in 2.5 days)

As for the original post. 99% of staff members do indeed do what you suggested. I myself use the 3 strike system of slap-kick-ban, plenty of warning.