Auction Caps

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by oiShocKWavesv, Jan 12, 2014.

1. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

So. In light of recent auctions, I realized there are stupid people with stupid amounts of money willing to pay 150k for a 5k auction chest.
    I'm proposing that we, aswell as having a starting bid, have a bidding cap say 15-30k above the starting bid depending on the tier of the chest. There are people that want to bid what the chest is worth, not watch 3 people bid 70k+ on chests that were supposedly worth 5k.
    I think it ended up as something like
    NMB 71k
    North like 70 aswell
    Then Alan at 150k
    For chests worth 5.
    People want people to bids for the chests not for the reputation of a stupid town. You could probably burn the contents of the chests and the wouldn't care.[​IMG]

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  2. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Is there a limit on bidding increments? If you were limited to an amount over the last bid it would at least keep it within reach.

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Someone is upset they didn't get a chest, who cares? It's there money

4. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Yes. I am a little pissed off. The only reason is still play on the server is the players and the events, mainly auctions. So when people with 1mil worth of diamonds come in and bid 150k for a 5k chest for a reputation af a town. I get annoyed. I stay up most Sundays till 2am with these stupid auctions then this happens? Yes I am upset.

5. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

ANGERANGERANGER

6. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I had a guy with 15k out there bidding for me

7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

What you're suggesting isn't a viable solution. What happens when there's 7 people all at the max limit for 1 chest? Do you give it to the first person to bid that much? In that case people would just say the max bid ASAP.

Maybe we need to bring mini auctions back, and if you win in the main auctions you can't participate in mini

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

epic_poke8 likes this.
  8. TheTechGeek245

9. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Be happy you didn't spend over 5k on a chest worth 5k then.

/thread

10. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

I already have a regulation planned for this since it seems that we only have regulars for the chest auctions. The purpose of the chest auction is for everybody to participate, even if you're rich/poor/content with your rupies.

SkittlesQueen likes this.
  11. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

why don't we just make 3 different auction rooms:
    0k-10k
    10k-50k
    50k-?
    idk if this is reasonable, I'm so bad at calculating the value of rupies...

Sent from my Phone using my... *ahem*..... Fingers.

12. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

15k won't go far in a normal auction. I tried to bid low once but it raises so fast.

13. TheTechGeek245

I bought a regular chest for 22k

sent from meh Technology

14. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Moose's point already ended this. We can't have a cap, because if we do, the auctions will turn into a race to reach the cap. What if more players are willing to bid the cap amount?

The example shock posted was an obvious extreme. I don't think anything like that has ever happened before. So what are the viable solutions? The first thing is to auction off more chests (with a limit of 1 chest per player, just like now), and hopefully the rich will empty out their pockets in the first few chests. What we can also do is base auctions on how long you've been a part of the server. Have a "yellow auction," a "veteran auction," etc. I can't see this being as fun as one huge auction, though. The last idea is to give out an "auction voucher" for voting. This would be an extremely rare drop, since auction chests can be worth so much. Any player who votes has an equal chance of receiving this, and you could immediately win a chest of your choice one time. That's all I've got.

15. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

That was one of my concerns, as well.

The idea of the auction voucher is to make it so that anyone has a fair chance of winning auctions. 20k isn't that much money with how much certain people have. When the voucher is given out, the winner's name can be inserted into the lore (the text at the bottom) so it can be renamed, thus preventing people from selling vouchers. I don't see this working unless it's an automatic win. Otherwise, it will just make rich people vote higher than the voucher amount, creating the same problem highlighted in this post.

16. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

how do you guys even get 150k to spend on a chest wich is worth half the price? atm I've only got 3k...

Sent from my Phone using my... *ahem*..... Fingers.

17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The ways I would imagine are:
    • Mining to rank up in mcmmo, then just selling off the excess. (Also applicable to other skills)
    • Voting consistently.
    • Not buying anything at all and being self sufficient.

18. TheTechGeek245

There is no double drops

sent from meh Technology

19. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

So? Last I checked, mining gold ore still dropped something...

20. TheTechGeek245

In mining for mcmmo there is no point except double breaker

sent from meh Technology