Server Updates

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by epic_poke8, Jan 23, 2014.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Okay, we got 1.7.4 relatively late, and that is because of the whole world replace thingy and bukkit. For the next update, about how long will it take? The next update is pretty big, but not a huge one like 1.7.4, yet bigger than the horse or redstone updates. I have no experience with running a server, and am curious as why we have to let Bukkit update. Does it just go "ploop" when used on an updated server? Or does it just add a few things to be compatible with new functions?

QuietSea likes this.
  2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

From what I understand, it takes forever because literally every plugin we have has to get updated to the current update, not just the plugins that are affected by the update. I honestly don't know, but I've always assumed this.

QuietSea and Flamestar00 like this.
  3. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

why are you posting this now.. that next update won't be for ages and like pie said, we have to wait for it to update because every plugin needs to be fixed... example, say we updated to 1.8 when prism was 1.7.. it wouldn't work well for anybody.

QuietSea and Flamestar00 like this.
  4. epic_poke8

Prism barely ever works right for me anyway...

QuietSea likes this.
  5. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

QuietSea and epic_poke8 like this.
  6. epic_poke8

Prolly am, to be honest

QuietSea likes this.
  7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

If you think of what a mod is, it's a modification of the game files and such, bukkit changes a largeish amount of them.

If we try to use a new server and an old version of bukkit, then it'll try searching for maybe code that isn't there, or not register any changes and such. If we try to run it, then we risk running into severe complications.

QuietSea likes this.
  8. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

That would be because we reset the logs so often (because the database usually gets so filled up with hopper transactions and other stuffs.) that prism is practically useless for a bit.

epic_poke8 and QuietSea like this.
  9. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Is it possible to do a scripted clean up to remove hopper transactions?

10. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Hopper transactions are no longer logged so there is no need to worry about that anymore.

bobbylou4 likes this.
  11. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Good now I can do more redstoning

sent from meh Technology

12. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

prism is a odd little plugin, IMO core protect would be a lot better

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  13. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

cp is like the same as prism just i (think) prism logs more (perhaps unnecessary things) which can be disabled anyway.
    Idk whether it is smoother or just has nicer coding or whatever, but as far as using them is concerned, they are the same (even commands are basically the same)

14. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Prism works fine, would just be a pain in the butt to switch at this point

Sent from Sleberts phone