Item frames and their protection

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Legend9468, Feb 7, 2014.

?

Is this something we need?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. It would require tweaking first

26.7%
  1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

While it's a small thing, one of the most common problems for shop owners is their item frames. While it's almost always been a simple task for staff/players to catch them in the act and then ban if required; is prevention not always a better idea?

To this end we present this solution.

For a cost, item frames can be protected much like chest locks. The cost would be cheaper, as their storage capacity is nowhere near the level of chests, it would not be so cheap as to allow people to cover their walls in it to create a safe room from other players.

While I'm not the best person to judge prices on survival, a rough value suggested in the shoutbox was 150r.

2. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

150r?! It's an item frame if your going to lock it make like 50r

epic_poke8 likes this.
  3. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

i see a future whit itemframes everywhere :D

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I think what we need is something that works with world guard, and just protect shops

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Flamestar00 likes this.
  5. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Why lock them? Just make it so it works with world guard...
    Edit: didn't notice moose's post

6. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Or you could grow up and assume that people who frequent your shop can read.

aarondang likes this.
  7. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

Sadly, it is never that easy in some cases that I have noticed. Remember how new members had to read signs to get out of spawn? That didn't go so well.

epic_poke8 likes this.
  8. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

true as to i have seen noobs grieving for fun not caring about the rules

9. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Item frames are technically an entity; will LWC (the chest lock plugin) actually protect them? If it does, then I would suggest a really low cost like 25r. People aren't allowed to steal from item frames anyways, so I don't really see an issue with offering cheap protection for them.

10. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Where did the link go?

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

This one? http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/frameprotect/
    Also it seems that the warning message is just for plugin versions 1.6/1.7 (and has been there for 1+ years), since those two versions are missing on the downloads page.

12. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I was originally going to suggest 50r when I made this thread at 1am. It sounded good at the time considering how much chests cost.

13. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Just had a couple of ****s come through my bazaar and steal from the item frames. Item frames are a useful addition to chest shops especially when the item description isn't accurate or particularly descriptive of what you are selling. Plus they look nice. Is there some tweak for prism that will make it register frame thefts so they can be rolled back or does it need the developer to add it?

14. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I'll update prism, it fixed item frame support a few updates ago, but last time I updated it broke all together.

15. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Thanks Sharqman. I appreciate it.

16. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

As a note, if you do a look up (/prism l) and search for item-pickup you can see who picked up the items from the item frame. The exact command is this: /prism l r:5 a:item-pickup

Also, banned DigsterBoy and ROBLOXrox2012 for griefing

Mega_Spud likes this.
  17. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Thanks for banning the miscreants!

Is there any chance I can get my items from the frames replaced though please?

PS: /Warp Bazaar is looking great Stephen!

PPS: I just did /prism near and scrolled through the pages to see who picked up the items they knocked off the frames.