Google chrome help.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Feb 10, 2014.

1. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

For some reason my google chrome application has stopped working... It won't even open up anymore. When I try and run it as administrator it brings up this error. Any help? I tried reinstalling it but that doesn't help.

[​IMG]

2. CanOpenerTrooper

Also, don't try and get me to use any other browsers :mad: I don't like FireFox because it's a tad bit slower and the interface is poop, Internet Explorer for obvious reasons, Opera doesn't have the features I need and like.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

uninstall and reinstall? if you have your google account synced you should get all of your bookmarks/extensions back

4. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

did you restart your computer?

5. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

Try removing all files related to chrome. Seriously, every last byte needs to go. Then try re-downloading it. If you logged in through a G-mail account into chrome you should have everything back, as Sharq mentioned.

6. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Did you try turning it off and then on again

sharqman, epic_poke8 and DeeeezNutz like this.
  7. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

CCleaner ftw

8. TheTechGeek245

9. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Did you check if your computer is on or if your computer has wi-fi

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

10. CanOpenerTrooper

Did you check if anyone else said that already.

I uninstalled chrome twice through the control panel and reinstalled it twice. Same issue. The program lights up for around 5-8 seconds then fades away like nothing happened... I tried using CCleaner but nothing changed.

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

At least you can use your computer. I had no choice to switch to firefox after chrome repeatedly made my computer crash. (4 hours to get it working again, after all the hard reboots and such)

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I have had this happen too for a long time now. Switched back to chrome for the past couple months, not too many problems so far. What kind of crashes? Is it during a YouTube video and it sounds like your video card is stuttering over itself? Can't move your mouse, etc?

sharqman likes this.
  13. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Open the application and the whole computer froze. Not like I tried to run a video or anything, just nothing worked.

Anyways, I've moved to Firefox and kept my bookmarks, so I'm happy.

QuietSea likes this.
  14. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

If ya haven't figured out the issue,ya could try searching for help with Google chrome error on a different browser to find a solution...could just be Google chrome having a bad day.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Nifix probably has some sort of solution for you.

16. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

ndvenckus1 and QuietSea like this.
  17. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

The popup says Managera has crashed. Have you tried disabling that extension or checking if there is an update for it?

18. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

That happens to me when right after my pc starts I click on the icon and does the same thing, but opens about 6 seconds later. Maybe you're not giving your cpu enough time to process the request while processing hundreds of other things upon startup.

19. CanOpenerTrooper

I'm giving it plenty of time. 30 minutes enough? lol

Seems as if Chrome is just a mix of bugs.

20. TheTechGeek245

yeah on some crappy pcs it takes 30min to boot