Suggestion to change of Forum Etiquette Policy

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by CyberVic, Feb 20, 2014.

1. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

Lol your Gif is cool Epic at least I reckon better than 50 lines of info and it's pretty slow so yeah like I said most peoples sigs with gifs are cool :p

2. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

my gif takes 700kb

3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Even Legend's double gif only comes to about 2MB which is probably about where the limit should be.

4. TheTechGeek245

I posted my gif in the forums which has a max file size of 1 MB, so why not have it there or the people with gifs can render their gifs to a lower resolution. Guys do you really see a difference between 480p and High HD?

5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

If you said 480 and 720, then I would've agreed.

But High High Definition (High HD?), yes, trust me when I say we can tell the difference.

6. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Both of your sig's are still obnoxious.

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Be Happy :D

8. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

GET OUT.

9. StephenP67

12kB and 50x53 pixels. I'm pretty sure most people could handle that.

Err... I did say most.

10. Legend9468

I would actually prefer mine without the two lines of text, but consider them useful in the scale of things.

11. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

How do you check the statistics of a gif?

12. Legend9468

You use a very small ruler for the pixel count, and then plug the numbers through a complex equation for the file size.

Jks, I'm guessing they just saved the .gif for the file size, and I'm not sure on the pixel part.

13. StephenP67

Yeah saved it to get the file size and if you take a screen grab on a Mac it shows you the pixel size of your selection.

14. TheTechGeek245

whe ur cropping the gif it will tell you the length and width in pixels and if you go to a pixel converter to convert the DPI u will know the resolution

15. epic_poke8

When you're cropping the gif, it will tell you the length and width in pixels, and if you go to a pixel converter to convert the DPI, you will know the resolution.

Tech, it's not hard.

16. epic_poke8

I am quite sick of our proper grammar rule being ignored. Do we still have that, or was there a change?

17. epic_poke8

I would prefer if people would at least pay attention to the red squigglies. I actually have some small trouble redign text lik dis. I sorta hinted my displeasure to it when I made this: http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/5697/#post-74008

18. PieSquared761

I am unsure if this rule extends to the forums, but I consider terrible grammar to be an annoying way to type. Perhaps comparable to saying "like" between every word in speech. It is incredibly annoying, easy to fix, and takes away from the message being conveyed. It really is not that hard to type correctly, nor is it difficult to spell everything correctly.

19. Legend9468

I would however like to point out that u and ur are both generally acceptable forms of typing/spelling when inside games and such.
    While you may argue that it's a case of bad grammar, you seem to forget that words/abbreviations like "lol" and "G2G" are also widespread.
    While I myself prefer proper grammar and spelling to be used, I do not think that there's anything inherently wrong with someone just typing the way thousands of others do. Nor do I think we should single them out every time they do it.

I most definitly would like to see some improvement from said person; but picking them up on it everytime and then having a minor go at them is borderline harassment.

Finally: Wow, who would've thought that a gaming community would expect proper grammar 100% of the time? lel

Nifix likes this.
  20. PieSquared761

I agree in that people shouldn't harass [ ] over it every single time, but it really is not that hard just to fix it.
    [ ] is 13 and spends quite a bit of time on the internet, he should at least know how to type, especially since he (hopefully) goes to school. While I do agree that this, as a gaming community, has some slang and acronyms that are acceptable in game, there is no reason to use such abbreviations in a forum environment, where its sole purpose is to communicate ideas and opinions. In a game, there are other things going on, so quick communication is vital for an enjoyable experience. Here, in order to be taken seriously, not get yelled at, or understood at all, at least SOME proofreading would be preferable to a jumbled mess of face-keyboarding.