Things I Wish Survival Had

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Mar 6, 2014.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Title says it all.
    A way for players to pay rupies to change the weather.
    A shop that sells all spawn eggs (for a good price, like zombs would be 300 and villagers 8000)
    A fully automated shadetoken machine, so players can cash in their tokens whenever.
    A public mine that would randomly generate weekly.
    An adminshop that sells almost everything, so we can price our shops accordingly.
    A job list to make extra cash, such as killing a special mob or finding a certain block.
    Special tools that never break and can be upgraded.
    Throwable bricks.
    Exploding eggs.

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Hmm well I do wish we had a place that sells spawn eggs...I also wish there was more mature ppl...also wish we had mazes that we can go through, like on ftb with the twilight area there's those hedge mazes that have spawners n chests with stuff inside...thats all I wish

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Flamestar00 likes this.
  3. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

*Disclosure* I'm half drunk in a pub right now.

1. You can't throw money at someone in real life and expect them to be able to brush away a storm. Survival is a place where you should be expected to deal with the s***t it throws at you.

2. I agree with this. Would likely be in the admin shop.

3. Shadetokens are a treat. Nothing more. An automated machine would ruin that.

4. That's called "the mining world." I hear you on dropping the regen time, but that would lead to a surplus of materials and eventually would ruin the in-game economy.

5. Had that once. Didn't help the price fluctuations at all.

6. I like the odd jobs board idea. I'll reflect on it further.

7. No.

8. Hell yes. Smashy the mighty.

9. Stupid.

Sent from the new and improved space phone.

4. epic_poke8

1: You can't create a monster using decapitated heads of demons and then kill the monster to create a device that makes you stronger in real life, either.
    3: Candy is a treat, and if I have it, I can eat it whenever.
    7: They would be extremely rare (.0001% chance to drop at best), and even though they would never break, they would not work nearly as fast as normal tools.
    9: Would be just like a normal egg, except does not spawn chickens, and has a splash with a moderate knockback but no damage. You would also only be able to throw one every 3 seconds.

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Time to split up a post!
    Do you really want the players with tons of money trolling the server? If you don't think this will happen, look at our other money drain (auctions). They are extended by people up-bidding at the last minute by less than 1k, strictly for the purpose of wasting time.

Sure. We would need a better admin shop for this though.

Hahahahahahah-no.
    Nothing against this idea, it would be more convenient for everyone involved, but I've seen the inner workings of the Shade Token machine. It is extremely volatile, and the purpose of having an admin run it is to be able to force it to give out prizes when it fails. Which it does. A lot.

What... like a small chunk of the mining world? If it's a small thing, whoever is on at the time gets easy access to free stuff, whereas players who weren't on wouldn't get a chance.
    If what you mean is something much larger, why not just reset the mining world? That gives all players a relatively fair shot at getting resources.

... Infinite stuff. Especially if you can sell to this shop as well, because you could sell mob drops to buy diamonds. Also, the value of an item varies based on how much there actually is vs how much players want it (supply/demand). Messing with the economy in such a big way is generally a bad idea.

What kind of 'special mob' are you talking about? Like "Kill 20 creepers", or like "Slay Jerry, the enderman with 240 health"? I might be able to get behind the latter.

Tools durability is a balancing feature. Just no.
    Here's the one tool that never breaks: Fist. Upgrade? Haste.

Which do what? I don't like it.
    You can't smash a random texture on a thrown egg or snowball, so it would need to be a dropped item. Flying at mach 2. You would need some special plugin for that, or a REALLY good scripting plugin.

That makes no sense.

6. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

1. Weather manipulation and vanilla mob spawns are two entirely different things. The latter is part of normal gameplay whereas changing the weather is a feature that can only be accessed via commands. Comparing the two in an attempt to garner support for either side makes no sense in my opinion. Other than the incredibly unlikely chance that you are struck by lightning, the weather in game has no real effect on a player besides visually being slightly annoying.

3. And if you eat too much too often your teeth will rot. Point is the end game is terrible.

7. What special properties for these tools do you have in mind? A tool that never breaks, but doesn't work as fast as normal tools sounds like something that would be used for a bit then stored away and forgotten when better (though breakable) tools become available. It's sounds like a super noob starter kit item that you'd get in the crappiest of rpg games.

9. Still seems super silly and pointless to me. The idea of it seems more like a gag item than something that'd be allowed as a regular weapon in pvp.

7. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

What would be handy for my plans to rent out shop space would be the ability to select a specific area (length, width and height) as a small towny plot and set the rent according to the size/number of chest shops that fit in that space. If it worked the same as say making a selection in WorldEdit that would be ideal. It would also be handy for renting out rooms in a hotel or something like that.

8. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

how about just repairing your tools by only using tools with 2 or less enchantments

9. ezeiger92

Um... Last time I checked, towny only does multiples of 16, and has no vertical control. You would need another plugin to do that. Reason #4 why I hate towny.

10. StephenP67

I think the tutorial video I saw from imaxorz said the plots were 20x20 but that was a while ago. I could probably get away with a 16x16 plot size. It wouldn't match my shop layout exactly but if I can align it properly it just might overlap the usable shop spaces.

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Towny can do any plot size, it just can't be changed once the world has been created. It's 22x22 at the moment I believe.

Dynamic rent based on the amount of chests could be done, but I really don't see the point. How frequently are the amount of chests changed? Generally once a shop is set up, that's it until it expands, which usually isn't that often. You could just check weekly or something.

I also agree with erik on all the original points, although it'd be good to see how the shade tokens machine works and why it is unreliable and can't be automated.

12. StephenP67

Well not so much dynamic as scaled I guess. I have shop cells at the moment with 45 single chest spaces. I was also planning on smaller 5-10 chest stalls outside the main shop space. I can't really charge the same rent for both considering one has 9x the shop capacity. I considered splitting the cells to rent single walls of 15 chests but obviously that isn't doable with towny plots. I'm still thinking it through as far as setting up a market town. I was thinking of starting a thread to gauge interest and flesh out some ideas. I guess I'm wary of renting out space to people who aren't going to be committed to maintaining stock. The smaller stalls decrease the overall negative impact of a neglectful shop tenant but then it might make it harder to attract more dedicated tenants who are going to commit to more variety and rarity in shop items that might attract more shop traffic.

Anyway this is kind of off topic as far as "Things I Wish Survival Had"....

13. TheTechGeek245

i believe its 24x24 says the curent mayor siliconia

14. epic_poke8

3: I am almost never on when shadetokens are active and I never have a chance to use em'. I cannot change my schedule to allow myself to get on. It would not be a go in, cash in 50 and leave sorta machine, it would be a go in, cash in one, "You must wait 6 hours before submitting another Shade Token" kind of machine.
    7: They would be diamond tools, but work as fast as iron. The upgrades would upgrade speed and maybe and AOE on certain non-playermade blocks. Maybe they will have attributes. Those are cool, you know, the ones that give +health. +speed, +knockback resistance, etc.
    9: In pvp, they can knock players away from you or off of buildings. It can also be a nice mob-reflector.

15. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

I can definitely automate shade tokens, same with increasing efficiency. It would just take some time. Even still, the machine would probably only open on Sunday night for events; it's not intended to be open all the time.

16. epic_poke8

Still better than for only an hour while I am having Sunday Dinner with the family.

17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Before suggesting good things (in general, for everyone), remember:

Implementation. If you're going to suggest a change to the programming to something, or a new pluggin. Please actually find a pluggin or something, and don't rely on staff to do it (Because they won't in most cases).

Actual uses. Make sure it's not something which would only work in theory. Adminshop and the weather being prime examples. I've heard about issues with the auctions in which people bid a ridiculous amount of money on chests, same thing would happen here. The weather would change incredibly often with a decent amount of people online, and the Adminshop would be exploited to no end (same with eggs).

Sidenote: With the weather one, maybe have it as a "turn off rain" thing, instead of change the weather.

Dynodamon likes this.
  18. ezeiger92

Items run through a hopper chain right now, with hoppers below pulling out specific items. Sometimes they just skip on in the line when they should have gone down. That mechanism needs to be different. I told ndv that minecart chests may work running over the top of the item hoppers, but I think there is a better way than that... Not sure at the moment. Either way, the current fail rate is way too high.

19. TheTechGeek245

why dont you try water spreading ? its less noisy and easier than minecart

20. ezeiger92

Water goes 7 blocks. Minecarts go 'X' blocks. Water would require a much larger redesign.