A Game of Chance and Skill

Discussion in 'Shop and Trade' started by Nateerrr, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Nateerrr

Nateerrr New Member

[size=14pt]Care to test your wits, navigational skills, and perhaps your luck?[/size]

Then step into my creation. I have built an underground maze, which, at the moment may be a bit rudimentary, but I want to get it open to the public as soon as I can.
    Here's my basic idea:
    Pay an entrance fee to get a try at the maze. If you successfully navigate the maze within the allotted time, you'll win a prize(one of the areas I need to refine, but right now I'm thinking cash in the amount of 2.5x the entrance fee). If not, oh well! That's the risk, and I've got to make something out of this, so it's feasible to operate.

It's a pretty basic idea, really, but, from my own personal experience, the maze can be challenging. If I get enough interest, I'll begin altering the maze every so often, so those who win can have another chance at it (because it doesn't seem fair to me or any other players to let winners go through the exact same maze again), and to keep things fresh and interesting.

I know I have a lot of room to improve here, and as I said early on, it is a bit rudimentary at the moment.

[size=18pt]WINNERS' BOARD[/size]​
    [glow=red,2,300]EpicMinecrafteer: 09/29/11, Maze #1, Won a 270r pot.[/glow]

[shadow=red,left][size=14pt]Rules and details:[/size][/shadow]

1. The maze has an area of 35x35.
    2. The current prize multiplier is 2.5x, meaning that the fee of 25r yields a prize of 62.5r for a successful go of the maze.
    3. The entrance fee for one try at the maze is 25r. If you'd like to enter to win a collective pot, you must wager at least 10 extra Rupees, bringing the fee to 35r or more. The pot starts at 50r and is built upon by these extra wagers. Upon payout of a pot, I keep a 10% cut as a proprietor's fee. The pot is reset with each new maze configuration or after someone wins it, and will always start at 50r. The pot prize is in addition to normal winnings from completing the maze.

• [li]Prizes are one area I hope to revise and improve as time passes by. I hope to come up with better prizes and ways to keep things interesting.[/li]
    4. Mobs CAN spawn inside the maze. DO NOT bring any valuables and also bring a sword if you wish to defend yourself. I am not responsible for anything you lose, and be forewarned that these encounters may slow you down, but this ultimately adds to the challenge.
    5. You will have three(3) minutes to complete the maze (possibly subject to adjustment). Once time is up, you'll have to warp out of the maze. I have put in place a system to prevent you from continuing to proceed through the maze once time has expired, which works like this: There are blocks of Netherrack laid in the floor at certain points, and once three minutes have passed, these will be lit on fire. This will make it impossible to continue much farther without burning to a crisp. I reiterate, DO NOT bring any valuables. As a redundancy, the door at the end of the maze is set up in such a way that it is impossible to open after 3 minutes is up.
    6. the object of the maze is to traverse from the start to the finish. The finish is signified by a button on a wall that, when pressed, will open a hidden door nearby.

I say again: this is only the beginning. There are a lot of things that could be refined, and I'd like your help with that.
    If you have any ideas, please let me know and if it is solid and feasible, it'll probably become reality.

I hope to have some moderate interest and success in this little project, and hope others have fun with it. Please feel free to give feedback here, and /tell me in-game for an invite to warp to this location. This thread should evolve as the maze does, so check in from time to time for updates.

Good luck and have fun! :)

-Nater

2. Nateerrr

Nateerrr New Member

Thanks to a generous donation by iiDreamzzHD, the pot has jumped to 250r! Come test your mettle and get entered to win this sizable pot! (Though you'll have to wait until the server is back up tomorrow :/)

3. Nateerrr

Nateerrr New Member

We've had our first high roller! EpicMineCrafteer put forth a valiant effort with the hopes of getting that pot, but fell tragically short at the might of my twists and turns! The pot is now valued at 260r! Look for me online a bit more tomorrow; work won't be in the way! :)

4. Nateerrr

Nateerrr New Member

Well, well, well... Looks like high rolling has paid off for EpicMinecrafteer! He came back again today and wagered into the pot, bringing it to 270r, and WON! He got his 62.5r standard prize, plus the pot (minus my 10% cut), totaling 302.5r! Not bad for a few minutes' work I'd say. So now, the pot has been reset to 50r once again since it was wiped clean. Come try your luck!

5. bMacSwigg

bMacSwigg New Member VIP

Where is said maze?

6. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

a maze! i am totally gonna go get lost in it! :)

7. EpicMineCrafteer

EpicMineCrafteer New Member

Yay! :3 First and only winner currently.

8. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Well... You know... Where is said maze?

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

ahh i would post cords but im banned, and nateerrr hasnt been on in a while so...
    it is really north, i remember the cords in the 4000s, wkd has been there before maybe he can get them for you
    EDIT: using live map, start at violation nation, go north you will see 2 castles to ur right(in water), keep going,
    you will see another castle that should block you from going any further north unless you go around,
    from there head west and you will see another castle like structure to your right, it is very arced. that is it
    I think it is VIP protected and nateerrr blocked the way in so nobody can cheat and memorize the way out