TNT... useless?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Apr 22, 2014.

?

Should TNT be used for demolition/mining, or just decor and weaponry?

1. My booms should make craters!

90.9%
  2. My booms should just be for entertainment!

9.1%
  1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I recently acquired VIP III and I can now use TNT outside of mining. However, upon using it, the large shaft I used 2 stacks of TNT on to make a cave for a rail system regenerated. No ore drops, no evidence of explosion, TNT is really just a noisemaker that damages enemies. What do you guys think?

Mega_Spud likes this.
  2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I see people using TNT generally when mining.

I think that it should be used in Survival assuming it's something we can rollback with Prism. I think that kind of rollback was much harder with log block.

I think in the past it was not able to be used even with VIPs for breaking / exploding things on peaceful / pvp because it's potential to A. grief and B. horribly disfigure the world.

I'm in support with it being allowed with VIPIII to actually destroy the world in conjunction with the new rules about not being able to absolutely obliterate the landscape and make it look like poop. It does create PVP complications because if people use TNT to defend or offensively you're also blowing the shit out of the defending / attacking town.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  3. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Maybe set it so at a height over y=45 it does not damage terrain, and nerf the damage if it's too OP. I don't know if it's possible, or even if it's a good idea, but it's all I got.

4. CyberVic

Something to think about.

5. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I believe that it should be enabled the way you are describing anyways. I know for a fact that we used it to blow up PieSquared's old castle. More recently, I recall using tnt in peaceful to help shock clear some space underground. I think it's a bug that block damage is disabled.

PieSquared761 likes this.
  6. CyberVic

Yes Bill just mentioned in Teamspeak that he remembers using TNT recently too in peaceful, so yeah seems like a recent accidental change.

7. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Yes! I used tnt in peacefu just a couple of days ago successfully.

However, last night the tnt exploded, but then one by one each stone block would reappear until the hole was filled again, even causing suffocation damage where the blocks are 'growing' back.

8. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Rather irrelevant but I think that it was enabled for EHM ⌒.⌒

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Should work again. If it was working fine then a few days ago then it was likely causef by the towny crash or towny update.
    Thank you for reporting it.

epic_poke8 and Mega_Spud like this.
  10. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Tnt does not work in peaceful? Bkoch tried it and no explosion, same for me.

Mega_Spud and bkoch5 like this.
  11. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Towns need to do /t toggle explosions to enable TNT on town claimed areas.

12. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

such smart, thanks, didn't think of that