MCBCon

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by A360P, May 20, 2014.

1. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Hi guys,

Not too long ago it was announced that there will be an online Minecraft convention for builders. We jumped at the opportunity to participate and were one of the first creative servers to get a plot for the event. The event will be really good fun if you enjoy the creative aspect of Minecraft. There will be a load of fun things going on over the course of the event, which you can read about by following the link below:

If any of you want to attend that would be really great, the more people we can have online supporting ShadeCrest the better. We wouldn't expect you to do anything to help necessarily, except for answering any questions people have that staff attending might have missed. Otherwise you're free to explore and enjoy the event.

The event is only in it's first year so it isn't going to be as big as MSE (for those of you who don't know, Minecon Server Edition is a hugely popular server event), but it could be in future. So I hope that some of you will be wanting to come and support the event :)

2. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

Damn I wish my computer worked

Sent from my mobile cellular device.

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's from the 2nd of July to the 5th, for those who can't be bothered to check the forums.

I'll also try and attend, figure diverse timezones should help.

4. A360P

2nd to the 6th bud ^_^

I_am_dropbear and Legend9468 like this.
  5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

That's what I meant to say :D I tend to make mistakes before I've had my morning coffee (also a few after I've had it, along with a few while I'm having it).

hywzerboydy likes this.
  6. crazyboy162

crazyboy162 Active Member VIP

Very quite excited for this. Thanks for giving ShadeCrest an opportunity to thrive and show our ability here at this extraordinary event. :)

7. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

And that runs straight through my birthday. I cant build at all so i will probably not be attending instead i will be lighting firehorks

8. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Lol I think tech means fireworks lol, I wouldn't mind coming but I never know what my family is going to be doing so it's iffy for me lol

follow the buzzards

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  9. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

I should have got fireworks for my birthday (which was yesterday by the way, if anyone wants to make me a cake)

10. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I will make sure we grab screenies so people who can't go see what its like!

11. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

I wanna join! I saw it on the twitter before you a3 :p i win ;)

12. A360P

I hardly think so since I was involved in planning it with DeepAcademy, and signed us up before it was announced ;)

13. I_am_dropbear

well, damn...

A360P likes this.
  14. TehRawB

TehRawB Active Member Creative Architect

Really fun too see this happening and i hope alot of our members takes the time too drop by :) i will be there as much as i can.

15. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I will be there! And what will be doing? Making a plot to represent Shadecrest?

16. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

We're already making the plot, its gonna sent in by schematic and include some signs with our server info and stuff.
    We would like to get as many people down there as possible, making it more popular will bring it others and hopefully advertise us better, and more people from our server just makes us look cooler in general, you could also just tell people in chat about us/answer questions like a3 said.
    There might be some sort of activities/games the guy puts on, but there will be some neat builds at the convention too if you like that stuff anyway.

17. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Is this the thing I've seen you admins working on? Looks pretty awesome.
    I can hop on there every now an then for probably hour long periods or so

18. A360P

Bumping this due to the information on the main website itself being added. There is now some basic info for what is going to be happening on each day of the event :)

19. I_am_dropbear

excited for this! do i have to apply or something?

20. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Um this is scheduled to go through 4th of July weekend, the Murican independence day