The Vanilla Server Is Back!

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by ndvenckus1, May 24, 2014.

1. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

I am sure there are other ways of pre-generating the world other than using a Bukkit plug-in.
    If not, than just close the server for a bit, and get a butt-load of volenters to fly around the server and generate it, there are lots of people in the community who would be willing to do so

2. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

If you already applied for the 'older' vanilla server, do you have to re-apply?

3. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

We've been considering various means of generating the world, and flying around was one of them, but that will take a very long time. You seemed to think it was possible to use a 1.7 plugin on a 1.8 vanilla server, which it isn't. All of the methods I've looked into so far aren't compatible with 1.8 additions. If you have a suggestion that you've actually researched, feel free to let us know. It's not likely that anyone would have spent time developing or updating a program for a snapshot that could be changed in a day.

Yes, there is information in the MCForum post that I want to be sure everyone is aware of.

4. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

I am much aware that 1.7 plugins can not be used on 1.8.
    You guys are trying to attract people to the community using a server with a flaw that will do the opposite.
    If the only option of pre-generating the world is flying around, sure it would take time, but it should be done.
    If someone is looking for a place to play minecraft they are not going to put up with the lag, since there are many other servers and community that do not have the lag.

5. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Slebert . Chill. No one seems to care but you, and you don't even play on the damn server right now.

People are flooding in, so that will not be an issue with this server whatsoever. Likewise with so many people on, stuff gets generated fast. Everyone is aware of the lag, why it occurs, and is content because the terrain is so sexy. If someone wants to be awesome and dedicate extra time to generating the world, sweet! If not, no big deal. The server still runs great when you aren't sprinting into the unknown.

6. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

I have officially applied for the vanilla server. I expect to be white-listed within the hour else I shall hunt you down and flog you with a rotten halibut.

7. Applied and waiting as patiently as possible. :)

Mega_Spud likes this.