Table Top Wargaming

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CyberVic, Jun 4, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It's been a while for me, but I used to do 40k as well (Stopped just before 5th Ed, or was it 6th? Either way, they've changed again since then)).

I just simply fell in love with the universe, and collected Eldar painted to the Alaitoc palette.

3. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

I think I have a couple sets of chaos space marines somewhere, I love the books though, have the full horus heresy set on my ebook reader, as well as the grey knights books

4. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I made some buildings at the warhammer event back when I was with my ex bf, hes totally into warhammer and other things, he got me my own beginners paint set n some lil dudes...he also built some heavy ones for me and painted them...they're somewhere in storage all protected of course...when I get a chance I'll take a picture of the buildings I did

follow the buzzards

5. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Epic. I prefer those Green/Cream ones or the Blue ones. I keep forgetting the names. I'm best at the painting, the assembling's a pain.

6. GingerSwan

Also, for a thing called "The Pepper Project" a few years back, my dad made an Eldar version of Pepper. Made it indo the project's book.

7. THEdeadRETURNED

Blue spacemarines are the ultramarines not sure which chapter or traitor legion is green... It may be the salamanders

8. GingerSwan

Nah green and cream, vertically split through the middle of the armor

Sent from the SwanPhone

9. THEdeadRETURNED

Ah, the angels of redemption

10. GingerSwan

Yes! That's it!

Sent from the SwanPhone

11. THEdeadRETURNED

Those guys are borderline traitors, lol

12. CyberVic

13. GingerSwan

Yes, that's it! Angels of Redemption had something off about it. Haven't played war hammer in a long time

Sent from the SwanPhone

14. CyberVic

Just looked up Cypher's special rules which only finally came out over the holidays 2013. Apprently he's counted as a 190 point independent HQ character. He's got like 2 pages of special rules. He also counts toward Chaos lists, though I guess if you're playing with him no one would argue if you used Dark Angels Veterans in robes and called them Chaos Chosen.

15. THEdeadRETURNED

the angels of redemption have abandoned their allies and posts on several occasions to persue traitors, resulting in massive losses and multiple chapters and regiments not wanting to work with them

16. THEdeadRETURNED

17. CyberVic

To be clear, Angels of Redemption is just a secondary chapter of the Dark Angels. Yeah the "traitors" that they persue are the Fallen, who Cypher is their leader. The very existance of the Fallen is not something that wise widely known in 40k lore, technically only the inner circle of the Dark Angels even know of it's exsistance. They've been known to even wipe out fellow Space Marines who find out that the Fallen exist. They consider it a shameful secret that any members of the Dark Angels fell to Chaos and they will do anything to keep it that way which is why they consider pursuing the fallen to be a #1 priority in all situations. Mostly other chapters don't work with the Dark Angels because they don't trust them. Other groups like the Inquisition would LOVE to work with the Dark Angels to be able to find out their heretical secrets, but the Dark Angels don't trust groups like the Inquisition, Ultra Marines, or Grey Knights. So yeah it's either the DA don't trust other chapters or visa versa. They have a very complicated lore, which is why I like them too. They are my primary Space Marine chapter I play, though as shown above my primary 40k army is Black Legion Chaos.

Khorne Bezerkers are really awesome. Working on a Bloodthirster as my next painting project.

18. THEdeadRETURNED

If I ever buy another set, it will more than likely be grey knights. I love the lore and story behind them as a chapter. And I am aware that the angels of redemption are a second founding chapter. the lore and story in the warhammer 40k universe has had me sucked in for years at this point. One set I would LOVE to see is the founding legions w/ primarches and maybe the emperor

19. GingerSwan

Space Wolves, Ultra Marines and Dark Angels are my top 3 to play as.

20. GingerSwan

I happen to remember having a Dark Angels soldier, with one arm holding the gun, and the other arm placed so he was scratching his arse.