SC Advertising

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GingerSwan, Jul 21, 2014.

1. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

ShadeCrest has been slowly dying recently, but a truckload of people, mostly creative staff, have left over the past few days.

We need to end this.

So, everybody should reach out to YouTubers, popular friends, and anybody who can help to promote our server.

I'm going to make a promo video, and give it to my friend, Golden 78. He has about 1300 subscribers,
    so we should get some new players, hopefully ones that will stay and be part of the community, just not to overflow the server :p.

Now, go! Reach out to your friends and bring ShadeCrest back to life!

2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Ginger, yes we lost a lot of creative staff. If you cared to pay attention to anything that's been going on you'd know why. I presume you probably know, but are just being dramatic with this thread. But let's assume you just haven't been paying attention so I'll be courteous and explain. They left enmass because they were a solid tight group of individuals and there was a conflict of personalities which inevitably was unresolvable so they as a group moved on.

We have a new collection of Creative staff with one of the older staff members remaining to be the new lead admin of staff. Hopefully he will make real change and effectively communicate that change to the players to help drive players to play on the creative server. So far he and I have been communicating well and like I said, we can only hope things will be better in the future.

You are welcome, as is anyone, to help promote the server. We could use bumps on our official minecraft forum threads (http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6088/). Ndv's new voting situation has helped advertise the server better as well and we are seeing more new people come on a regular basis.

One of the biggest things that hurt us for a long time was how long it took to move to 1.7.9. We got almost no players during a long period where we were not on the latest version. I pushed hard to get us onto that latest version and now we're seeing more players again.

If you read the weekly updates, we're always working on various projects to make ShadeCrest a more interesting place. Expect more of those coming very soon include a rebranding of the ShadeCrest image which was been an off and on work in progress over the last couple of months.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  3. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

K, thanks for clearing it up

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Getting more players to join through better advertisement is a good idea.
    However, I reject the implication that the server is dying. ShadeCrest is doing better right now than it has in the past few months. The rate that we have been able to make big, important changes has grown dramatically because Cyber is giving us proper access to do our jobs (think 1.7.9, voting update, our new spawn). We have fixed a good number of security problems and bugs to make the server more safe and stable,
    But that isn't even the good part. Our future is brighter than it's looked over the last two years. We are cleaning up old plugins, expanding into new games, working on a new logo, cleaning up the wiki, simplifying our rules, and making the ShadeCrest experience better for all members in the community. Our server is headed in the right direction.

So all this talk about the server dying? I think that

5. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I took the luxury of renaming the title of your thread Ginger, I hope you don't mind.

Back to the conversation of avertising. I went and looked at user registrations for April 30 - May 5th and we had a HUGE spike of new people visiting the website and joining the server during that period. It is not hard to bump these threads is it people?

Would people bump these more if they were linked to from maybe our voting page?

http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6088/