What do you eat for school lunches?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Navarog, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Ew healthy

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

GingerSwan likes this.
  2. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Loser

GingerSwan, aarondang and Magetime like this.
  3. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

I want food, not plants damnit.

GingerSwan likes this.
  4. k9katz

k9katz Member

hmm, ok then

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

You see! The quest for a healthy, filling, and delicious meal has been a struggle for many centuries. I may not be Alton Brown, but dammit, I've eaten some good food in my time.

WHEN PACKING LUNCH:

Carbohydrates like bread and buns should be kept to a minimum! These simple sugars are easy for the body to breakdown, and are often converted to lipids before you can use them in activity! If packing a sandwich, try and increase the actual content of the sandwich before packing two.

Fats are good! Well... sometimes. Keeping fats in your diet keeps you more full, and in moderation are actually beneficial to your health! Usually when considering a packed meal I use a sauce like honey mustard sparingly, but enough to actually add that "oomph" to your meal

Vegetables are hard to call. It's important to obviously eat lots of them, but what kinds? The answer is greens. Things like corn and potatoes are considered vegetables at least by my school, but let there be no mistake, it's just another form of carbs. Try sticking to broccoli, green beans, cucumbers, cauliflower, or whatever is available to you (I always prefer steamed broccoli, so that's what I get every day).

Fruits are good! But be warned, like fats, too much ends up being counter-intuitive to your health. However, a nice crisp apple from home or a slice of watermelon can always brighten up even the worst of school lunches!

With this in mind a quick and simple meal that came to mind is...

• 1 Slice o' bread
    • 5 Slices o' ham
    • Honey mustard
    • Lettuce or other condiments (truth is I hate lettuce)
    • Steamed or cooked vegetables from your cafeteria
    • A nice light drink like tea or water
    • Some sorta fruit (I usually get the naked fruit smoothie shit)
    Still hungry? Not worried about counting calories? Keep packing down those proteins and fats. That keeps you fuller, longer (Fat btw does not equal deep fried stuff. Deep fry is the combination of over-saturated fats and carbohydrates, which are incredibly easy for your body to turn into energy reservoirs. I'm talkin milk, peanut butter, chicken, beef.)

And finally, why, why now does the ancient ZPWR post on the forums? Because he's bored, and feeling a little creative. That's why you salty dogs.

Navarog likes this.
  6. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Just buy mcdonalds and die.

ZPWR22, Dynodamon and THEdeadRETURNED like this.
  7. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Just be nice to the lunch ladies and maybe they wont give you slop

8. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Back in my day, on chicken nugget day, I'd take two rolls, make mini chicken sammiches, and dunk em in the biggest pool of honey mustard my crappy styrofoam plate could handle.

9. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Not all schools have lunch ladies, etc. I've never seen a real place with all that stuff. Mind you, my primary (elementary) school was literally a refurbished community centre (No jokes, they've been waiting for a real building since the 90's). And my secondary (High School / Middle School) school is in the process of getting a new building.

10. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

My secondary school was opened in 1973, there's only one techer left from that time, he's like a relic

11. GingerSwan

Really? There's pictures in mine from 1898, of students.

12. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

13. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

my elementary (primary) school was built around the time I was born but my middle school was the first school in town (used to be the high school and the elementary next to it was the elementary/middle it was renovated in 2006 changing it into the middle school built in the 1950s.

14. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

I eat sandwiches

15. GingerSwan

Well, it's been a few years and I'm in HS now, so may as well update ye.

Junk food. Nearby shop has packs of cookies for €1, so I can get cookies and a coke for just €2. The school canteen itself has brownies or biscuit cakes for a euro each, and chicken rolls for 3.50. They've got Coke, Milk, Club Orange, and milkshakes there.