Craic lads, twasint meh fault

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by jordi, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jordi

jordi New Member

What is your IGN? reecely99
    Who banned you?(use @<full username>) SpaceCadetKevin

Why were you banned(ban message)? My brother (We share the account) griefed GingerSwan's beacons

When were you banned? 15th of October 2014

How long is your ban? Permanent

Can you explain what you know about the ban in more detail? My brother must have come on and griefed beacons. I'm in a skype call with ginger right now and he says its ok, check with him to make sure.

Why should you be unbanned? It wasnt my fault, I can get my brother Reece to tell u guys on skype if u want.

2. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

It's true, I'm in a call right now with him. (Craic is the Irish slang for banter, messing about, fun, etc.)

3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Seeing it's your brother's account and he did the griefing he should really be making the appeal. It would be nice to have some assurance that he won't repeat his actions.

4. GingerSwan

Uh, his brother doesn't even play on the server. He must have thought it was a griefing server.

5. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

I've heard the "It was my sibling... we share the account" excuse a million and one times. Being one of Ginger's friends, you'll have to forgive me for being a bit skeptical.

I'll have a decision by tomorrow on whether or not you will be unbanned.

6. GingerSwan

I asked for him to have a mere month-long ban, not a perm :/

Also, he's a relative, not a friend like RubixCircle was (RubixCircle is a huge troll, he keeps coming onto servers I'm a part of and messing with peeps.)

7. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Like you didn't encourage him, good joke.

If there is a person who has access to an account and griefs, we have a few options:
    1) Warn in game because a grief wasn't very severe, mostly an "fyi, don't do this"
    2) Temp ban as a punishment to discourage this behavior in the future
    3) Permanent ban because the player is very likely to continue if s/he returns to the server

When there is a person with access to someone's account and uses it to grief our server, they usually have nothing to loose in our community. The fact that these two share an account (as opposed to one player guessing a password) makes this more concerning, because we can't tell if it is the person who griefed previously. We usually assume the worst case for the sake of the other players on our server, that at any/every point in the future, the griefer will be using the account.

8. GingerSwan

Yes, I wanted to have signs and stuff all over my house.

The guy probably thought it was a grief-allowed server. He normally plays on servers like that, so it's very likely that this is the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  9. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP