Enderman Farm?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by N2Mining, Feb 9, 2015.

1. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

Ok, I was curious if anyone has build an enderman farm in the End associated with the Mining World?

With the new 1.8 mechanics of the Enderman and their relationship with endermites, these farms are ridiculously easy to build. I built one in a Single Player Survival world in a couple of hours.

Questions:

Is this legal? I assume so. The design was put up by a couple of folks and there is a video of Docm77 setting one up. A 33x33 Spawning Platform with a 23x23 lower platform. I built mine about 160 blocks out from the island. A 43 block drop, and an endermite to suck them in. the player can then kill them with dynamite or by hitting (riding in a mine cart back and forth works). I am aware that the End can be reset at anytime.

Is anyone interested in helping? I can provide most of the materials, though Powered Rails and regular rails would be nice.

I know that some of the XP (regular not MCMMO) for farms has been nerved. If we build this how much has it been nerved? I am trying to figure out if its worth it. The current design in my SSP world takes about 2 minutes or less to get to level 30 and less with TNT. Plus a crap ton of enderpearls. If its a little slower thats fine, but I am just curious. I do not care about MCMMO XP for this situation).

The Enderfarm is a great way to get a crap ton of enderpearls and fast XP. But I don't want to start if its forbidden or if its so nerfed that XP is impossible. Though Pearls with no XP might be worth it.

BTW has anyone found the stronghold on the mining world? I have a bunch of Eyes of Ender and can get more cheap. We would need a supply of enderpearls to get an endermite and a name tag, but I have quite a few.

Thoughts?

2. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

I really don't like enderman farms. Lachie managed to get his encased in bedrock after complaining "it's not as OP as it could be".
    McMMO gives no experience from endermen, unless that has recently been changed (highly unlikely).
    End portals in Mining don't link anywhere, though I can probably change that in the future. Use "/warp end" instead.

3. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

How has Lachie encase an enderman farm in bedrock...?

4. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

He never said Lachie did it...
    //replace air bedrock

5. oiShocKWavesv

Who did that and why? I dont understand the context of him wanting it encased in bedrock.

6. ezeiger92

Read between the lines, I covered it in bedrock in frustration.

7. oiShocKWavesv

Ah right, sounded to me like he had managed to encase it in bedrock to protect it or something.

8. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

Ok, so you don't like Enderman Farms. Does that mean I shouldn't build it? Is it too OP? Is it going to be destroyed? Its not real hard, but I don't want to put in a fair amount of work (probably two hours now that I have done 1), plus resources (golden apples, potions of regen, and enderpearls) and have it closed down.

I do not care about MCMMO XP, though I would like general XP, but I don't know if regular XP has been diminished on these types of farms (I thought it was).

In 1.8 they are pretty powerful. I'll be open, In my SP world I can get to level 30 in about 2-3 minutes. They also give off tons of enderpearls, which is what I want. I don't know if the spawn rates are changed on shade crest (my skellie spawner is much slower here than in my sp world).

So? If it is acceptable (and maybe we need to check with other mods and admins to see), then I will start in a few days.

Thanks

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  9. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

our drop rates are signifigantly nerfed here n2, I dont remember the specifics but its a hell of a lot lower than default.

10. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

I sort of gather that. :) My Skelly spawner is slooooooooooowwwww.

11. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

Well in a single player world, using my Enderman Farm it takes me just less than 6 minutes to go from Level 0 to level 41.5. I use TNT. The mine cart techniques takes about 9-10 minutes plus lots of food. I run in Normal not Hard.
    So can an Admin/Mod tell me how nerfed the drops would be on the mining world?

12. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

I have come back to this thread because I delayed these questions as I wanted to think them through and then we had the DDOS stuff.

So EZ, and any other Staff/MOD/Admin that want to chime in, are Enderman Farms legal on this server? You said "Use "/warp end" instead." which seems to suggest that they are, and assuming I don't complain about its OP status, is it going to get "bedrocked" for other reasons? You also mentioned, in another thread, a proposal from you to staff about changing spawners? Would that apply to an Enderman farm?

I am asking because I don't want to spend the time and resources to build a farm and have it declared illegal.

Thanks

13. ezeiger92

The "/warp end" comment was directed at you asking about strongholds in mining. They current don't link, use /warp mining. Nothing to do with grinders.

Here is the current draft. It still needs work on the wording, if not the content.

14. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

So under these rules, auto chicken farms are illegal?

"These are farms which have automatic killing, automatic breeding, mass xp/item gaining devices, or ..."

That describes my chicken farm. It's auto breeding and drowning ( rather than lava). My chickens are not crammed, 3x3 for the egg layers and 1x6 for the ones that die. Populations are reasonable.

So these rules if accepted would basically disallow traditional spawner grinders using a spawner and a water elevator or something else to soften them.

The 1 kill per 4 seconds is too slow. Also, any drops would negatively effect the economy.

Jeff

15. ezeiger92

That's how rules work. If they describe "X", then "X" is illegal.

If it matches the description, it is illegal.

That is far faster than can be achieved in the wild or in a mob arena. Even in the dungeon, with increased spawn rates, you can't maintain that rate.

The rotten flesh market? The string market? The real problem is xp being used to make enchanting shops. There is no way for a shop without grinders to compete with a shop using grinders.

16. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The spawner rate really isn't that bad (1:4 seconds).

If you place it in the middle of your base, or something like that and keep it in loaded chunks, then you can just go and do whatevs, come back and harvest the rewards. 5 minutes would yield something like 75 zombles.

17. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

With a Spawner you have to be within 16 Blocks. My traditional mob grinder, a series of platforms with water pushing them off, has terrible rates. Even with decreased XP, the number of mobs that drop is low, when I derp around within about an 60 block radius. When I first built it used to build up ton of mobs.

18. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I see, and how often do you need to gain those three levels to get back to 30?

I mean, voting generally gives you enough xp to get to 30 from near nothing.

Really, the only reason you would need to consistently reach level 30 on a regular basis is so you can make books to sell for profit.

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  19. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

3 levels per enchant is child's play n2, and we both know it is. A grinder makes it laughably easy, so the nerf is more than fair

20. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

I think you mentioned that the rules were still being written. I wanted to clarify because when rules are written there can be unintended consequences. Chicken farms are innocuous and really don't benefit anyone, if they follow the passive mob rules, but the maker.