Inventory Wipes & Item Duplication

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by JoeyLeary, Nov 13, 2011.

1. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

Hi, earlier today, my inventory got wiped 4 times. The first 2 I didn't mind so much about, since all I had was tools, but the last 2 I had alot of ores on me. I think it's a bug to do with the home warm up, because when I logged back on sometimes, my inventory was clean, and I was at my home or someone else's home. 3 out of 4 times it was when I did a /home [name], and then logged out to cancel it, but the last time it was random. I'm not asking for compensation (although if anyone wants to give it I would be more than appreciative), I just want to report the bug and see if anyone else has encountered it. Thanks.

Edit: I just remembered, that my items got duplicated twice in the past two days. I'm not to sure why that happened, but I think it was something to do with a restart. 5 minutes before the restart, I put items in a chest. Then after the restart, I was at my /home, with the items I had put in the chest 5 minutes ago. (I didn't keep them, the first time I got Padaun to get rid of them, and the second time I burnt them, Jasperli is a witness.)

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

3. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

^I also had this problem the other night. I was fortunate to be home and see a skin of myself and remember what happened to Z_Millla. I emptied my inventory then put in junk. when I logged back in the next day I was at my home spawn where my skin was, with no items. I basically left my body that had items and possessed the skin at home that had an empty inventory.

4. sharqman

i think its logging out during a home warm up

5. Hizeron

^Some other players, along with myself, have some thoughts as to what causes this, but I don't know for certain yet.

I am going to start keeping notes of where I am when I warp, where I warp to, when/where/how I die, when I disconnect, or do anything else that may result in this. Maybe if enough of us do this we can compare notes.

6. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

Remove the /home warm ups in pvp, and just allow /warp?

7. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

For me it was chaging between Spout and Minecraft launcher.

Also about /home in pvp the 120 sec warm up doesnt work at all.
    Any one os us can do just /warp mining, nether , auctionhouse ... and then do /home with no cooldown.

So Max save us somehow :)
    Thanks

8. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I am thinking it may be a PvP thing... I haven't had it, and none of my residents that I know of have had it happen to them either. It seems mainly PvPers are having this problem, not sure if that helps but I have noticed that.

9. Hizeron

The first person I heard of to have this problem was Z_Millla; and that is on the peaceful side, but I agree that it looks like pvp side may have it happen more.

10. sharqman

im pretty sure he actually was in pvp

11. blumi78

blumi78 Member VIP

That's what happened to me:

I was in Creative-world, sitting in a minecart, trying out a roller coaster.

At some point, the minecart stopped on the track suddenly.

I tried to get up using right mousebutton, but it didn't work.

I tried to break the minecart using fists and tools, but it didn't work.

Finding me stuck, I typed "/warp spawn" to get out.

I warped, saw the spawn room for a short amount of time, saw my inventory changed back to what it was when I left to creative before, but then the screen got dark (unlighted dirt) and I was obviously buried somewhere and began to choke.

After I died and respawned, I went to the spawn room but couldn't find any of my inventory items, they were gone.

12. Hizeron

OK. I said I would start taking notes to try to figure out what is going on with this, and I did. I am not going to go into the details "there are quite a few" but it is home warm up causing this to happen. I spoke with Max last night and told him what I found. He responded and said that he removed the warm up, so this should stop happening. If this still continues "I doubt it will" then it was not only the warm up and I will need to take more notes.

Bottom line: crisis should be over ;D