Walking lag

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by ThisDudeRiteHere, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

Ever since the new server, and I reset my computer to factory settings, I've been having terrible walking lag. It kills me sometimes, which really sucks. Any solutions?

Changing render distance does nothing.

Don't use /sneak . I tried it, and I'm having no problems. Locked.

2. ThisDudeRiteHere

Was that sarcasm?

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

is it being put back after walking? wasn't there a problem with anti-hack for sprint mods?

4. ThisDudeRiteHere

If I walk, every few seconds it'll pull me back like 20 blocks. Everyone says it happens to them. I wanna know why D:<

5. fixterjake11

fixterjake11 Member VIP

Also when i was swimming to some cords.in mining i got kicked twice for going.too fast

6. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

This happens to me every once in awhile, not enough to be an issue. TDRH, what kind of FPS are you getting when this happens? It only happens to me in PVP (blaming that on notch, not the server...) and while I'm a bit laggy.

7. ThisDudeRiteHere

I still can't tell if max is being sarcastic. I have like 60-80 now, so it's not lag. Blat said it was a plugin thing

8. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

Then I doubt there's a solution...

9. ThisDudeRiteHere

Sorry to revive, but it's still really bad. Idk if it's just me now. Could it have something to do with an anti-speed hack plugin (if we have it?)

10. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

I've been noticing it more often lately as well....

11. Hizeron

Hizeron Active Member VIP

I noticed yesterday while on the shadecrest vanilla server that my speed in a boat would fluctuate, but I think the actual distance vs time I traveled was correct. I also had some trouble when I stopped walking, then a second or so later jittered forward a few blocks... almost into lava a few times. I know some of it is probably my computer "I need a new one" but I don't think it is just my computer causing this; I may be wrong though. :-\

12. Chronos

Chronos Active Member

Make sure your computer is up to date... also download the correct java for your computer if you haven't you have to find out which one you use .. 32 bit or 64 bit also direct x needs to be up to date also video drivers sound drivers all of this can make things not run right. to find out what version of java you need go to *Start* *Control Panel* *System* and it should tell u there also for direct x *Start* *run* and type this as is .. dxdiag ... then click ok...at the bottom it will tell you your current version. it needs to be at least 9.0c

13. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

This used to happen to me, but know it doesn't do it anymore.

It's probably something to do with your connection or NoCheat.

14. Hizeron

@Chronos I have re-installing the correct java on my laptop several times in the last few weeks to be sure it is not the problem, but as for directx I have version 10 and don't know of any reason to downgrade. is there a reason to downgrade?

15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Don't sprint jump while on ice, it sets you back about 20-40 blocks if you do it too long D:

16. junglecommando

junglecommando Member VIP

I get walking lag when i die, and spawn back. the only way i could every get out of the lag is to disconnect and reconnect, which is a pain.

17. sharqman

today i was trying to walk through a door...it took me 6 tries cause it put me back 5 times!

18. Hizeron

Sounds like a good door to have in pvp. Sit back and shoot arrows into the person trying to enter lol ;)

19. sharqman

i could show you how to make it XD, cause it might have been the deigns of the door

20. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

This problem is very inconsistent for me, but it does happen on occasion. The most similar issue of mine is when I die from fall damage. I respawn at main world spawn and I simply can't move. I haven't done extensive testing of this, but I'm pretty sure if I wait a minute or so after respawning, then I'm fine. Otherwise I have to relog. Regarding this post, however, I would assume it is somehow related to the same problem that causes you to teleport back 3-4 blocks when trying to sprint with /sneak on. All PvPers can tell you that they experience this same issue on every one of their raids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.