BOCKBEARD - And other stuff...

Discussion in 'Shop and Trade' started by bockbeard, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

Hi guys. Most of you have seen my chests since i have quait a handful of them. I know some people are upset and think i have to many chests, to low prices etc. But I know most people are positive. Some of you think i have ruined the economics etc. Here you can give me suggestions or yell at me or whatever, i will read this tread (thread?) on regular basis.

When i joined SC NOONE had decent buy-prices. Everybody was just selling, and most chests were empty. So basically there was no trade going on other then in /ch tr. But after i started to both buy and sell some people have followed and the chests in the old mall grew in number by 3-4 times in a few weeks after i joined.

Still very few people both buy (at decent prices) and sell. But atleast a few have "copied" my idea. Actually its strange that not everyone have chests with decent buy/sell prices. This is easy money! If you set sell/buy prices correctly your chests will be filled and stuff sold automatically and you will make money without doing anything! Yes im stupid to proclaim this because i will get more competition but its also fun if trade would work better on SC.

And you can say my prices are to low but actually my intention is that people will find both buy/sell price good and use my chests. So whenever i see something selling to fast/slow i change the price . So actually its the "the market# that sets the prices, just as in a free economic.

Alot of you are probably afraid that if you put decent buy-prices people might ruin you by selling to much at a time. But you can fill your chest with stuff like 99% cobblestone. Then people cant sell so much.

So come on people set up chests with decent prices and then hopefully people will trade more which makes it a better server.

PRICE ON DIAMONDS

Some blame me for making the price on diamonds go down. And yes i dropped my price from 150-180 to ~80 rupies. And sold about 200 diamonds very quickly. I lost a lot of money on this. But i thought dimonds were overpriced. Diamonds dont differ that much from iron. Yes diamons are harder to find but they are both mostly used for tools. A diamond-tool/sword lasts about 7 times longer then one made from iron. And its about 30% faster. Still they were valued 25-30 times more. Which I thought was kind of insane.

Maybe my prices right now are a bit to low but people still sell me diamonds so its not that wrong....

2. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

Bock, just to give you more advanced notice, i will be running around the mall cleaning up all chests that do not abide by the rules of the mall, although i do not think you have many duplicate chests, i would check your stores and make sure, as people with duplicate item chests will be having their shops removed this sunday at 3:00 p.m EST by me, i am gonna go clean shop... so to speak... :)

3. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

I have a duplicate STONE chest. One in mall1 and one in mall2. Stone is kind of between the two shops since its both natural and handmade... Do i have to remove one? They both have stone in them.

Another question is if you will remove my empty chests? Since i usually offer a pretty good "buy"-price i think they should be left. I will change prices and try to fill them when i have time.

I think that chests that are empty but have a reasonable "buy"-price should be left alone. I mean if you find empty chest which buy diamonds for 10r it can be removed but if you find one that offers 70 it should be left. I think i offer 75-80 and people sell diamonds to my shop but they usually sells pretty quickly. I will raise the prices slightly soon to find a reasonable buy/sell price.

4. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

my personal policy is if a person has a good buy price i leave the chests, if the buy price in on of the top 5 in the area it gets left, if it is higher than 5 other peoples i will remove it if empty, this is to keep the slots open for other people.

two identical chests in diffrent areas of the mall do not matter, that might be why i remember you having a few duplicates but we havnt been on in a while so i dont know if they were in the same area or not.

i know the markets pretty well on the server and will be able to determine if a person is legit in their offers or trying to crash the markets an what not... E.G. a person with a diamond chest in the mall that is empty with a selling price of 500 and a buy price of 15-20 will have their chet removed... where as a person that has a sell price of comparable value (not off by more than 25% or so, it varies) that is empty with a buy price that is comparable, they can keep their chest...

i am gonna be cleaning shops up on sunday, i did it a week before the server went down, cleaned empty shops. i also asked people to remove duplicate shops, there are some people whom i have given more time to remove their shops as they had 10 or so, and needed to move inventory... :) but this sunday, i am just deleting the contents of duplicate shops, in the same zone, and shops in the wrong zones.

just figured i would let you know, as you have some of the most active shops... :)

5. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

I have lowered my buy-prices alot since i dont like this new economic system.

Earlier today you couldnt sell gold at the kiosk and warps to mining cost 300 to me this was an impossible equation which would have lead to hyperdeflation etc. It seemed like the idea was to have a fixed economy where no money was created.

After complaints they lowered the mining-warp to 15rupies and inserted 100 000 gold to buy gold for. Which is a bit better.

But my wish is that they return to the old where the kiosk had unlimited money to buy gold for.

Anyway this caused me to lower my buy-prices alot and i will wait and see for a few days before raising them again.

6. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

Ya bock.

Because of the mining warps.. This has increased the average privce of everysingle thing in the mining world.

Time is money, and now before you even spend any time you already have to spend money.

7. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

im mad at u, u had obsidan sell price at 20 yesturday, i came on and it was 3.. i was so close! XD

8. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

Yeah its only for a while until i know how the new rules will affect the market.

I will raise them in a few days. My goal is to have very little difference between buy/sell. Right now im charging more but thats just to build capital.

Im also working on my own shop, it will be quait big and it will offer different prices. Like if i have a lot of obsidian you will still be able to sell them cheaper.

9. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

have taken most my chests down. Cant do business when the rules of the economy are so unpredictable.

If gold (the only way money is inserted into the economy) is lowered with 75% then everything will drop 75% eventually. Thats basic economic which most people would understand. It will of course NOT raise the price on diamonds....

10. bluenigma

bluenigma New Member

I see you've finally gotten around to ruining my positions, above where things would eventually fall to but well below everyone else in the mall :p

11. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

yeah kind of.

Some ppl still dont understand everything will fall. And a lot of ppl have alot of "old money" so its hard to set prices now.