Town Grief, massive building created only 20 blocks from Aldea.

Discussion in 'Grief Report' started by georgety95, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgety95

georgety95 New Member VIP

What is your IGN? georgety95

Coordinates of the location (use /getpos to display the coordinates X,Y,Z) -1628, 77, -4623

Is this on PvP or Peaceful side of the map? peaceful

What exactly got griefed? Please be specific. an ex-town member decided to build an elaborate un-official 'town' only a little over 20 blocks away from our town, Aldea, where we had already planned to expand the town.

About how many blocks were broken/replaced? many blocks have been placed...much over 1000

Who did the griefing? kacper7 and PsyCo_DudE

Did you talk to the player who did the griefing? yes and he was extremely uncooperative and rude, overly defensive and a little threatening.

What did they say? That he had the right to build there, since he used to be a part of our town, that he was allowed to expand his previous home as much as he'd like. He also thretened us by saying that he would moved his town if we hadnt had gone into his home and taken from his unlocked chests and now would not move it.

Do you think they should be banned for this? maybe not for this, but his overall lack of understanding the server rules is much more then enough for these players to be banned.

Did you include screen shots? (You must)yes i attached them below, notice how close it is to our town and how massive it is.

Do you need an admin to come and rollback the damage? if theyre not going to move their 'town' themselves, then yes that will be necessary.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If you need to expand in that area for your town, you can. The rules say to build ~100 blocks away from towns in case they expand.

3. ace5511

ace5511 Member VIP Creative Architect

In case you need it. The non towny town built to the left of aldea spawn was built by GoasAtvenger. And GoastAvenger. GoastAvenger was banned and GoasAtvenger hasn't been in since so I don't think there will be a problem

4. georgety95

kacper7 was a part of the town and moved a home to the area which we had planned to expand to to make his home an official plot, though instead, he left the town and turned his original home into a 'town' as he calls it. It just needs to be moved ASAP because we had already planned to move up there and are able to, with or without his 'town' in the way

5. georgety95

they insist an admin moves their building, i told em that that probably wasnt going to happen and to move it by the 12th or i was gonna start to take it down myself...

6. georgety95

Man ive tried. They wont listen to me and its been a while now, i cant expand till its gone...all i get is them telling me to "shut up" and "go away" i have screenshots of them saying both. Is there anyway you can remove it so i dont have to take this monstrousity down block by block?

7. georgety95

i messaged them both the link to the thread via the forums

8. georgety95

This has been going on long enuff, can i just take it down now? They are breaking the rules.

9. gyromatic4

gyromatic4 New Member

Georgety, don't you have the right to remove any obstruction in the way of expansion? If they keep on with this, just bulldoze the "town". The administrators know the dilemma, it shouldn't be a problem. They should not have built there in the first place.

It seems you've given them a chance to clear out. They declined to, so clear them out for them.

10. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Exactly what I do, just be nice about it. They usually comply.

11. ElectronicWizard

ElectronicWizard New Member VIP

^ exactly, like when I had to move my shop for ViolationNation. A town may let you live there in peace and not destroy it, but, if they need you to destroy it, it is expected that you destroy it. The rules state to build ~100 blocks from a spawn or a town. However, I agree with Max, this is getting a bit out of hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.