glepet1962 introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by glepet1962, May 6, 2012.

1. glepet1962

glepet1962 New Member VIP

Hi everyone!
    I'm an old guy who's forever been a gamer. Sandbox games and building games have always been my favorites, such as Simcity and Railroad Tycoon. I'm also a big racing fan so when I'm not building in Minecraft, I'm probably on iRacing turning laps in a GT or formula car.
    I found this server a week ago looking for a change of scenery. I am currently renting a server that I, my two kids, and a couple of their friends play on. I was looking for something more, though. Like an economy and towns and such. I also wanted a chance to be left to build in peace, without the worry of griefing or pvp. Shade Crest seemed to fit the bill. It's not too big and crowded - yet, and the focus and control by the staff is very good.
    In fact, I was enjoying Shade Crest so much, I managed to talk my family into joining also. I have my son - K00laidman69, daughter - Shannonhorse, and her boyfriend - BigTimerDuckyxxx hanging out with us also. You'll find us pretty much working together with the goal of eventually establishing another town and possibly a shop shortly thereafter.
    See ya's around town! :)

2. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Welcome to Shade Crest :) It'll be cool to see what you guys make

3. madmiket

madmiket Member VIP

welcome to shadecrest injoy

4. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

Welcome to ShadeCrest! It's always good to have a whole family join on the server!

5. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Welcome! One of our admins has his son, daughter, and wife all on the server. We have quite a few lifetime gamers like you on.

6. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Welcome to shadecrest!

7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Welcome :D

8. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I wish you a warm welcome! 8)

9. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

Welcome Glepet!
    Just a thought though... I would suggest building a shop before you build a city so when you start the city you'll have a strong economic basis. =)

I hope you enjoy the server,
    Kariask

10. glepet1962

Thanks, for the welcome. I'm loving Shade Crest.
    THanks for the advice, Karaisk, good idea. We've been building a nice place to live right now, but I should get on that asap. :)
    I welcome any advice as this is my first foray into economies and towns.

11. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Vote everyday :D you can get a town in 70 days just by voting!
    read the Towny section of the wiki and the stickies in the town board

12. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

If I were you gl, I'd join a town (peaceful or pvp, whatever interests you). The Towns here provide a great community, and are great for getting help and assimilating to our server

13. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

Join Molten PVPtown! We are new and expanding very quickly. If you join quickly you'll still be able to buy plots on the main island! =P

Then build a new peaceful city. Peaceful seems in need of some fresh active players!

14. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I was hoping to not have this become a recruiting session. Join a peaceful town. That's how I started out, so I could learn how to play on this server, and then I moved to pvp when I was ready to take that jump

15. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

What can I say it would be selfish not to tell them to join Molten! Plus Molten needs new promising players!
    Glepet if you're interested in joining Molten talk to Liquidxstone or xgambitx. They are our town leaders.

But do listen to Nrayf... he is smarter then me... make sure you understand the rules and understand a bit of the culture of the server before you head into PVP... it tends to be a bit more competitive. But it also has more active players. So there are pro's and con's... (I enjoy the added depth from town alliances of PVP)

16. glepet1962

Thanks for the offers! I'm not much into the pvp - yet. We've got a little neighborhood going out in the frontier. :) I understand wanting to beef up existing towns and the ones i've seen are pretty awesome. Maybe I'll venture into a town soon, looking for plot for sale. For now, though, I like puttering around the homestead, getting acclimated. :) If you want to check out my place, feel free to tp there. (I like glass and domes/radius') Still furnishing etc.

17. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

You buys build fast 0.0 looks pretty awesome!

If you're interested in PVP let us know! =) And if you ever want to visit Molten you're very welcome to use /t spawn molten (make sure you read the signs before you enter the city)

18. I can certainly vouch for the house. I ventured up there the other day and it looks incredible! The layout works very well and the spaces are neat.

19. Karaisk

Karaisk Member

I know I found it on live map =P