Minecraft 1.3

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by sharqman, May 26, 2012.

1. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Time to go hide some chests....

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

too late, i burned them.
    and I burned the villagers, the village, and the entire plains biome.

3. ModernDragoness

ModernDragoness Member VIP

It's going to be a wimpy gold apple. >.>

4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

There's going to be two types of golden apples, the standard one you have made with the gold nuggets and the special new one that is enchanted and made with golden blocks. Enchantments are protection (5:00), fire protection (5:00) and regeneration IV (0:30) I believe

5. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

It makes me really sad that we are already having a thread about completely removing a new feature we havent even tested. What ever happened to this server being fun?!! This was the server to beat all servers, and now people are leaving like Lemmings. How bout we just leave it alone and stop trying to babysit the economy and have some fun! I was on Shadecrest every single day for many hours each day having tons of fun before all these economy changes.

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

enchantments changed the economy, not us lol.

The only reason editing the value of emeralds to villagers would be a good idea because it would spawn even more money into the economy. Ex. They buy 2-4 redstone for 1 emerald. you can get a bunch o emeralds from them like that and then buy diamonds.

I'm working on 2 warzone maps that will hopefully help bring back some of the fun to SC.

7. strangecow1

strangecow1 Member VIP

I wanna know what the emeralds can/will do in the later versions of minecraft

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

i hope they just keep it as villager currency.

9. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah I realise now, I don't think I saw who posted it, otherwise I would have known :)

10. strangecow1

strangecow1 Member VIP

But you cant craft anything with them besides a block, right? The only thing you can do with them is for decoration, and the block doesn't even to nice.

11. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

"Endermen open their mouth and vibrate on multiplayer"

Wait.... Wat?

12. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Villagers lose trade options after a few trades, so it isn't an infinite source of stuff.

Have you never seen that in SSP? It's creepy as hell!

13. Lakarder26

Lakarder26 Member VIP

I think no one can predict how it will affect things. I say we just don't do anything for a week and see how it goes. Let people enjoy the new 1.3 like everyone else.

14. tommyandaloro

tommyandaloro New Member VIP

My personal opinion is leave villagers be its part of the game, however if after a few weeks the economy is all messed up because of them then adress the problem

15. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Unless you want to trade wheat for diamonds and then have nobody buy diamonds, it's a bad idea to say 'let something wreck the economy, then decide if we should have done something'

16. tommyandaloro

tommyandaloro New Member VIP

I know this post is old but u guys do know that u cant just spam the thing with wheat it only does about 7 trades per item before it goes out of stock

17. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

that was mentioned tommy, i think some of the people commenting missed it.

villagers will not ruin the economy, they will provide a diffrent aspect of it. in real life, items are consumed, in minecraft they are not... we have unlimited resources so we cannot expect inflation of prices like we would in real life. all we will have is deflation. eventually, the economy levels out, it takes time. there is no ruining of a economy unless we keep messing with it.

the cash for gold chests provide rupies, the occasional cash for diamonds chests provide some cash, these things move forward with the game. cash for gold used to be higher, as prices dropped so did it. we are not economists... most of us have spending problems in real life... :)

let the villagers come, the way we play the game will be adjusted around their influances, and life will continue... but as WKD said, if we mess around too much, we remove the fun from the game.

18. Flash526

Flash526 Member VIP

im excited about all the bug fixes!

19. Lakarder26

Lakarder26 Member VIP

I have watched lots of videos on 1.3 villager trading and I have never seen a drastic trade like diamonds for wheat, I have seen enchantments for diamond tools but I think Mojang is smart about this and wont do anything to outrageous.

20. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP