dyn map hide

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

In all honestly when i am on the server i always have dynmap up. I can usually see NO ONE at almost ANY TIME. Sometimes 1 person pops up here or there but for the most part everyone on the server is hidden in some shape or form. It is almost as if everyone as dynmap hide. I personally would love to keep dynmap because when i raid, it helps a good bit. Better get away and more time to raid without being found. Others can still hie under trees and such, but i think that we should keep it.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Night time and inside buildings were added to dyn map hide to make the map seem ore realistic I believe.

I would be fine with dyn map off if people didn't have it enabled 24/7 so you can NEVER see them coming.
    I only said time limit and cool down for dyn map hide because if it last 3 hours after 3 hours they will just re-enable it, so the hour cool down ensures an hour where they can be seen. It would require better planning with the use of dyn map hide.

Like I said in the op it is a great benefit. I prefer the time limit and cool down than seeing it go completely.

3. Liquidxstone

Liquidxstone New Member

Im defensive? I see this being a huge headache for all staff including myself so i dont want to see us make a bad decision if i can help stop it. There hasnt been a problem till now. Why is this such an overpowering perk as of yesterday, and why does it need to be removed all of a sudden? PVP on the server is in a down slop and i feel that were poking the bear with removing a perk that our pvp players use. This just may end the raiding aspect of the server that is fairly inactive as it is. If this is removed we should think of something that has to do with game play and not just locking chest. Thats my opinion i hope you listen max.

4. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

He wasn't saying you were defensive. he was just saying that this has really blown up over a simple suggestion. It wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. And liquid, with all due respect you're very out of touch with the raiding aspect of the server. DF gets raided 10 times a day, and we don't even know it until someone dies, thanks to dynmap hide. Your town is out in the middle of nowhere, which is fine but it means that you aren't in the loop when it comes to the balance of PVP. it may seem slow to you, but i guarantee if you join erathia or DF for a day you'll have a much different opinion.

5. Liquidxstone

Liquidxstone New Member

Like i said i dont evne use the thing lol was defending wat i thought was good for the server.

6. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

just to be clear on what the VIP perks should provide:
    "Donating doesn't give you any advantages in the game over other players because we feel like we need to keep it fair between everyone, but you do get some perks as a thank you."
    http://www.shadecrest.com/donate/survival/

That would be very cool. VIP only or server wide?

7. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

8. sharqman

That is one of the reasons why i posted this, you can sneak into a town in broad daylight with out anyone noticing unless you cross paths with them. With enchants PvP is pretty easy now, for example I got Alan down to 4 hearts today, without enchants that would never happen. Let's try and bring back some strategy to PvP.
    I would think so, even if it is only VIP.

9. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

i think that that is a good compromise and it will stop everyone arguing

10. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Uhh what? I was saying what occurs now. I'm not saying I have it hard in PVP, I was saying that PVP was a lot more active than liquid thinks... I'm not trying to pick a fight or say that other people haven't had worse odds...

11. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Ive read through all these post and I see points on both sides that I agree with, Dynmap hide was made fair in my opinion with the addition that you can hide at night and whenever your under something, this allows non-vips to use this perk pretty effectively.

I do understand Nrayf and sharqmans argument about some player using it all the time and how it can become extremely frustrating to find out you being raided only after you or someone in town gets kill.

and while I agree that this is a great benefit for vips, I think it would be better for the server over all to compromise. So I'm really torn, I myself love dynmap hide, I don't always have it on but when I raid it is a must.

If you can modify the hide to work while sneaking can you allow it to hide while running?

I think the fairest compromise would include hiding while sneaking, hiding while, running, and continue to include hide under a blocks in water or on a half block.

This would allow you to only be seen on dynmap when you are out during the day, in an open field, while running at a normal speed. If its possible I think this would be the best solution, and this would give non-vips the benefit of this perk

12. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

if this got takin away then there is no way that i am shifting back to pvp like i was planing

13. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I know absolutely nothing about what you were referring to, which is why I didn't bring it up. I only used the only pertinent example i knew of :p

14. glepet1962

glepet1962 New Member VIP

I don't quite undestand that first line there. This would require more planning and strategy than VIP's sneaking around on each other. The fact that a force would have to tunnel or use the cover of night or terrain to make an assault would be a lot more exciting and I would be more inclined to join a raid knowing there was a plan in place. I think most PVP'ers will still PVP and with any campaign - war or otherwise - that seeks to win an advantage, will find other ways to do so.

15. Slebert

sorry for showing my dislike for this idea

16. sharqman

Most people with the best armor and potions are VIPs so it is really Do you have more people? yes; Do you have better gear or lots of potions? yes;Do you have a lot of VIPs? yes; you win!

I want to be able to see people on the dyn map not have everyone hidden on it, but at the same time not see everyone all the time. That is the most realistic way to have it.

most vips don't like this because it is a big advantage.

17. Slebert

so the vips with not good Armour get screwed because some of the others are better?

18. sharqman

I myself do not have good armor and I don't get screwed in PvP all the time.

19. Slebert

EXACTLY you dont get screwed so who cares if we have dynmap hide

20. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Im not even a VIP and I think it is unfair to remove something that is really the only reason VIP is worth it other than the fact of giving to the server. Removing this I think will drop the rate of people donating. If this is removed what's the point of VIP other than 20 chest locks, false book and a VIP Vault. I think the only way to solve this is to start a poll possibly? Sharq why do you really care about this you live in a PEACEFUL town dont you? How does /dynmap hide affect you? You never have I seen the time of you being on SC ever raided?

I mean to sound rude or anything I just think its crazy to remove it. I hope my opinion affects the decision made because a lot of people are not going to like this decision.

Thanks Mage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.