dyn map hide

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogzfriend

dogzfriend Member

:A Wild dogzfriend has appeared!:

Why not disable player tracking in PVP while keeping it in peaceful?
    And for the VIPs who don't want to be bothered in peaceful, still have the hide option.

(I say this as a general Minecraft player, and not as a non-VIP)

Player tracking may make things too easy in PVP anyways, where's the fun in knowing where people are? >: D

I don't know, I'm not really a PVP'r myself, but I thought I could try to help out :p

2. glepet1962

glepet1962 New Member VIP

I'll pvp more without it as it is more realistic.

3. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I'm speaking as someone who has donated over $70 (and that number might be a little outdated), I don't think that it's fair when I use it, and I don't like when others use it. If I wanted I could sneak over to a town, kill someone, and ender pearl out immediately before they knew what happened.
    As a VIP I would rather having extra protections than having the hide ability, especially if we changed it so sneaking hid you.

Then the strategy would be about making covered walkways, tunnels, and obstructions where you live, and then taking precautions about how you get somewhere. And it would even out the huge advantage that any raiders have over the defenders.

As for the people who say they spent 10 of their hard earned bucks to get this, your argument is terrible. As I said a few posts ago, it says on the donation sheet that VIP perks are only perks, and they're not meant to give you an advantage over nonVIPs, as this does.

4. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I was considering on donating because I always raid and almost everyone I raid with is VIP and keep telling me Mage donate you need /dynmap hide. Removing this would totally change many peoples thoughts on donating

5. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

i know its not all about me...
    but the point is to show my dislike i thought the point was to show that we did or did not like the idea.
    and i was showing how much i did not.
    Sorry for voicing my opinion

6. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

Give up dynmap hide? Thats why so many people paid for VIP.

7. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

You think a dynmap is a big advantage? Most non VIps are hidden 90% of the time. Like i said i can usually see NO ONE EVER on the dynmap. Furthermore on other servers (little irrelevant) People can get diamonds, items, other stuff like TNT with a command. We dont get any of those. Last time we had this argument, NON VIPS got half of dynmap hide, which i believe is a little low. SInce you guys are hidden most of the time, why is it so much of a big deal if we can run on land? Mine your own tunnels underground like Arcadia and Erathia have. Any non VIP can do that and stay hidden.

Furthermore if you want to hear a real problem, raiding from peaceful towns because your in a nation. Raid, ./home to your peaceful town and we cant do anything. Those are some things you should be arguing about.

Also nrayf. We might raid you ALOT everyday, but in all honestly how many times does your town defend. Also NEVER. We raid and everyone either leaves the town or comes at us with nothing and just stares at us. We almost never get a fight unless you or mandrewf usually tries to do something which is a very small amount on the number of times we raid. The most action we have ever gotten in PVP in the last like 6 months is 1. Arcadian war, which is does not have many people in it right now. The last one had 6 defenders i think and 9 or so attackers. Which Nifix and i got 2 minutes before Mang announced that i was raiding Arcadia. I hate to sound cocky but then everyone came in their diamond armor instead of doing what they did in the last 2 which was running around with speed potions and food trying to get stuff from the chests. The other was when we had the major DF erathia war which was great, but then again only was 1 day.

8. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I find this to be completely accurate

let me just ask this, If you were a new player and never have donated, never played, what would you vote for?

The whole point of this is to keep new players to stay on the server. Not trying to be rude, so on one take this the wrong way, but if you really love this server and the players you play with, you would be happy with whatever max put into effect.

I for one would be extremely sad if dynmap hide would go, but its not going to make me stop playing, or make we want to move to peaceful. And if this can KEEP new players on our server I'm all for it, we have no problem getting players to join, keeping them seems to be the challenge.

One major issue I do have is that players on the pvp seem to want to make it non pvp just so they can build or whatever in complete safety (alliances, truces, pvp rules, potion bombing, and now this dynmap hide issue) If you dont want to get raided or don't like the danger of getting raided why even live here, we have plenty of room on the our peacefuly map for all you players that dont want to pvp and would rather dynmap hide all day so you dont get attacked

I think this is a better option then comepletely removing or completely adding dynmap hide for everyone

9. Kangus07

Kangus07 Member VIP

GIVE ME DYNMAP HIDE, OR GIVE ME DEATH!

10. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

please include modify dynmap to the poll, as that is what I would vote for to compromise

11. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I honestly donated just to get this perk. I don't want to see it go away.

12. glepet1962

glepet1962 New Member VIP

With all the people saying they donated just to get this perk, to me, proves it's an unfair advantage.

13. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I feel like this is a terrible idea. I personally donated for the perk. Yes I also donated to help the server, but the main reason I donated was for this perk. My friend was going to be donated this friday because he was tired of people always finding him. This is the only reason he was donating and after talked to him about this, he told me he no longer plans on donating. I personally plan on moving to peaceful when this comes into affect. I think this is a terrible idea.

14. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

To be blunt, this is extremely naive. We defend the town the best we can, but there's no use in it. You guys have better weapons, armor, and potions than we do, and the numbers. For you to say we don't defend is laughable. Looking back at the logs, it's easy to see why we view it as hopeless. Every time we kill one of you in a raid, you come back with better armor and more potions. There's no way to win when it's nonstop. Of course we attempt to defend, but when you come over with 5 guys, there's no way we'll win, and if we did miraculously kill all of you with just 2 defenders, you'd be back in DF as fast as you could sprint the tunnel.

15. subwayis666

subwayis666 Member

you all. need to calllllm down a bit

16. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

So it is my fault that my town has worked harder for better items, recruited more active members who are better at PVP than most of your town is?

17. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I am a part of DarkFire nation and I do raid with the nation.

Example Scenario 1:
    non-VIPs are going to raid a town with VIPs. The VIPs have dyn map off. The VIPs can see the non-VIPs coming, but the non-VIPs do not know how many VIPs are there or where they exactly are. The VIPs suit up in their best armor and instantly kill all of the non-VIPs.

Example Scenario 2:
    VIPs are going to raid a town with non-VIPs. The VIPs have dyn map off. The VIPs can see the non-VIPs in town, but the non-VIPs do not know that the VIPs are coming. The VIPs suit up in their best armor and head to the town, they they take the non-VIPs by surprise and kill the non-VIPs.

The first nation war was a great example of this. The war lasted so long because DarkFire didn't know where Athos was during the war. One time when we were fighting outside of DF's walls alan came sprinting out of DF, we didn't even know he was in the town.

I don't understand why you think knowing where your enemies would lessen PvP, even though you're enemies would know where you are. As MrTreefingers would say, man up and take off that skirt.

btw alan I don't get what you mean by this:
    Even if I lived in PvP i would put any good loots in a locked chest so that would be safe. I do that in peaceful anyway. PvP warping rules still apply to peaceful players, and any PvP player can have their /home in peaceful.

18. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Donate, also what i mean by "we cant do anything" i Mean we cant raid, kill and take look back.

19. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

The actual idea seems like nice, but there should be some way of being able get undetected to enemy town (from livemap) so find one way and it will be cool :)

All those posts sharq, nrayf are telling seem like total shit. If non VIP wants to do the suprise attack the way VIP does they can do it if they just belive in themselves. Carter never donated still he killed prety much everyone... How strange. The difference in VIP and No VIP is nothing expect larger % of VIP are intrested in PvP and have bought VIP for dynmap hide to have easier time sneaking in towns.

The difference between Dynmap hide and no Dynmap hide is very small, but most people are unhappy with losing it and the idea of server is to be more fun.

20. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

lets try to stay on subject here this isnt about who get raided the most or peaceful players raiding, this is about dynmap hide, vote for what you think is best for the server.

I agree with nifix on the point that if new player donate just to get this perk, and having this perk keep them here and keep them donating then it should stay a vip perk

Why is everyone againest Max's idea of allowing player to hide while sneaking, he stated VIPs would keep there benefit and non-vip would get a ton more access and the ability to control the dynmap hide.

I think this is the best option maybe people just didnt read that part?

I agree with jasp as well, if you don't want to donate or cant there are MANY other ways to sneak around and be hidden, simply using the current set-up I can get get into arcadia at least 5 different ways, all without having dynmap hide on at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.