Bring dynmap hide back?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Griffsbrown, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

[quote author=imaxorz]
    I'm gonna disable this later tonight for a trial run.

We will go one week without it and then continue this discussion.
    [/quote]

Well its been over a week so lets continue the discussion. Do you want or think we should have dynmap hide back?

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

I noticed players really stopped raiding if they were VIPs, but players who were members continued as normal.

I'm still for removing it.

3. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I admit that I still pvp'ed, but not as much as normal. I also noticed thoughout the week that when there were raids, many times the attackers would spawn in their town, our town would see them, get to our town and then the attackers would never come because they saw us at our town ready to defend. This happened quite a bit in my opinion. For this reason, and personal preference, I believe that we should bring Dynmap hide back. I also do not want it gone because when I donated, I was promised this perk. I don't feel like it should be taken away if it was promised to us VIP players.

4. Sophisticles

Sophisticles New Member

I would want dynmap hide removed as well so that VIPs and normal members would have an equal chance in PvP.

5. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

GIVE ME DYNMAP, OR GIVE ME DEATH.

6. sawman14

sawman14 New Member VIP

we should have the dynmap hide back because thats what most of us paid for

7. Lakarder26

Lakarder26 Member VIP

I want it back because that is probably the biggest reason I donated to get VIP.

8. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Honestly I LOVE dynmap. While seeing people when they raid, you are hidden most of the time. Is it not enough that a non VIP can just stand under a block and not be seen?We have SO much of an advantage just because we can walk on land and not be seen. Like i said, make tunnels, any non VIP can do it and then you get to the towns without being seen. Furthermore just because we get to town without being seen does not mean we have an advantage always. You can still have good gear and get your friends. PVP is PVP and when your fighting someone /dynmap hide does not give you an advantage that is big.

9. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

Yeah, what he said!

10. Kangus07

Kangus07 Member VIP

11. NightlyReminders

NightlyReminders New Member

If you need to hide in order to be successful in a raid, then you have no right being in a PvP town on an (almost) strictly PvP server.

12. Sophisticles

Sophisticles New Member

Anybody notice this is mostly between Erathia and DragonForge...?

13. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Ehh promised is a strong word. See the contract that you didn't sign with max when you gave him the money is where the issue lies. Because there was no agreement, any benefits you receive from donating are not promised, and are instead just a favor given to you in return. They are not promised, nor contingent on anything, nor must be provided forever. If the server shuts down, Max has no obligation to refund you anything. dynmap is a gift, and can be taken away at any time, like any other perk.

14. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

We don't need to hide on, we like to. I aslo think that it is pretty petty that you are saying we do not have a right to be on this server because we want to keep our VIP perks.

15. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I believe we should have it as a perk. Non-vips don't like the idea for a simple reason. They cant plain there raids accordingly. For an example this morning Erathia was raided when I was the only one in the town. They checked dynmap and saw I was the only one on and planed accordingly. They would have had to go to town, not knowing who they would find there if we had dynmap hide. Us vips not having dynmap hide gives them advantage when you think about it.

EDIT: What I meant was, people look at dynmap and judge is they should raid based on how many people are in the town at the moment.

16. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Well actually, if no one has dynmap hide, then everyone's on the same playing field, if you think about it. It makes everyone equal in terms of awareness.
    But here's the thing that no one pays attention to. Let me copy straight from shadecrest.com/donate:
    "Donating doesn't give you any advantages in the game over other players because we feel like we need to keep it fair between everyone, but you do get some perks as a thank you."
    With the general craziness that even mentioning this plugin brings, plus the fact that all of you say it's an advantage for you/it's a disadvantage to not have it, it looks like this does give you an advantage in game, which isn't what donating's about.

17. NightlyReminders

NightlyReminders New Member

Actually, we DIDN'T know who we were going to find. I said "Hey, who's on from Erathia?" and we looked. We saw you and two others and checked the map, but you were hiding out in your house, and the others were mining. We were there to loot and kill anyone who came across our path. We don't always need a reason to loot. If you're going to get so hurt over not being able to wuss out from someone finding you and possibly having a battle (which SHOULD happen in PvP) then don't donate the equivalent of a floor fan, next time. Also, it's pretty sad that the only reason you donated was so you got privileges and not because you wanted to help the server out.

18. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I have to agree that "promised" is a strong word, but I think of as this.

"Hey, if you donate, you get this"
    VIP Player: "Wow, sounds like a good deal! I'll do that now!"
    Non-VIP Player: "How come we don't get this?"
    VIP Player: "You didn't donate..."
    Non-VIP Player: "Doesn't matter! Remove it!"
    "Ok, guess we will remove it."

I'm not asking anyone to put the VIP's opinion above Non-VIP's opinion, I just want to keep the perks that I donated for.

19. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

No one is a afraid of PvP here, Nightly. If you live in a PvP town, you know what you are signing up for. I for one, believe you are being a little rude in the way you are responding. I don't think Griffsbrown should have said that Non-VIPs cannot plan raids, but the way you responded was pretty aggressive in your response. Calling VIPs "wusses" I'd rather shallow of my opinion. This is not the place to pick fights with each other. Can we just keep this civil, guys?

20. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

a non-pvper or former pvp'er perspective

i personally love Dyn map hide. when in PvP i very rarely had it turned on, i wanted my enemies to see me coming... i wanted to scare them, i would torment them by running around their towns, and through local chat. this is half the fun of PvP. i was there to kill...

when not Pvping (mining and my move to the peaceful side) i started using it all the time. i do not want people barging in on me while i mine, i do not want people knowing where i settled in my new home, i dont like visitors, i dont like looters, i dont like curious people. so i prefer to stay hidden from the dynamic map, and go about my buisness... when i need to do buisness with other people i would go to a common location or to my old buisness Mine Co. at /warp mineco. there are tons of neutral places for me to go to do buisness and sell goods and visit. there are tons of opportunities for me to interact, but i dont like people coming into my home that i work hard to merge into the landscape to not be seen to "check if any chests are unlocked" and take my stuff...

i personally really like dynmap cause then i do not have to worry about people walking out to my home in peaceful while i am on, looting unlocked chests and taking anything not bolted down and i cant do a thing to stop them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.