Bring dynmap hide back?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Griffsbrown, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Why not leave dynamic map, but remove the ability to see players? It is effectively the same as giving /dynmap hide to all players, because it seems that vip's are always hidden. Honestly I'd prefer removing the command from everyone, forcing more planning on raids.

2. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

It's nice if you want to navigate your way across the server, or check where you are.

3. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i love dynmap with me because i use it to find cool spots, and visit cool build's i see. i could still find them without it, it would just be more of a hassle.

4. Thomasdd13

5. ~Zyenide~

~Zyenide~ New Member

Alright alright...give me a break, I made that post at 2AM...
    I'm not going to respond with a stupid "but" statement to save you a few lines.
    Have a lovely evening Mr. Nyarf.

6. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Why can't we just put it back to how it was? It was all fine and working well until one person complained. That's the biggest VIP perk that all VIP's get (vaults would be but are only for a certain amount donated).

7. Thomasdd13

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Honestly the risk makes it fun. I stealth infiltrated Erathia 3 times the day of or the day after this post was made, and it was the most fun I've had in PvP ever. I don't see the fun in having a command that hides you on the DynMap and gets rid of some of the fun challenges in raiding.

9. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

If I'm trying to sneak attack on my friend I would want to be quite and sneaky. Not hiding under blocks so I cant be seen on dynmap. Everyone being seen on dynmap is changing the pvp is happening. I feel like everyone should have it, so dynmap is just used for looking at buildings and the stupid people that dont use /dynmap hide.

10. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

I understand that it is an advantage to the VIP players and that you do not want to give them an advantage just for giving you money
    but do not take away /dynmap hide give it to everyone. In my opinion it is more fun to PvP/raid if no one has the advantage of using the dynmap to see people. I would also like to point out that giving people the ability to use the dynmap can be unfair to some players with older computers that can not handle running Dynmap and Minecraft at the same time, so this is also giving unfair advantages to people with more money/the ability to use it.

So either give everyone Dynmap hide or well i cant think of another fair way to do it, if you can think of one please tell me.

11. iiDreamzzHD

At some times, yes. But in this case I don't think so.

12. Griffsbrown

Its ruins the fun of pvp when there you can a "watchman". I have been doing this myself and I know others have been also. When your friends are in a town or your town is being raided, you watch from dynmap and give your friends pointers like "hes behind the farm!" or something like that. It is unrealistic and just does not make any since.

To the people who enjoy raided without dynmap hide, Don't use it. It is as simple as that. If you like the challenge of being sneaky or what ever then just dont use dynmap hide. Why should be punished because you want a challange?

13. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I just think that the vote shows the results. We gave everyone ample time to vote for which ever side they want, and the public chose that everybody should get dynmap hide. I don't think that there should be any debate, as the public has already voted.

14. sharqman

In a real life scenario towns would have guards on the walls and would notify of raids anyway. That cannot happen here.

There is NO challenge with dyn map hide. You type one command and your a ninja. It removes some skill in raiding.

15. iiDreamzzHD

It doesn't ruin any fun whatsoever. If you're a "ninja" that just means you have to be stealthy when you're inside the town. It just makes it to where you have to be ready to defend your town at all times. I think it makes it more fun and more realistic when people can dyn-map hide because you ALWAYS have to be ready to defend and if you get any information on an incoming raid you have to get it from an informant which makes it more realistic as well. If your definition of fun is only walking under cliffs or digging underground tunnels every time you raid to be "stealthy" then you're absolutely right, it's tons of fun.

16. iiDreamzzHD

Oh and Sharq, you live in a peaceful town. Why can you raid Erathia in groups? I know you're in a PvP/Peaceful nation but it says in the rules:

To raid/attack PVP towns as a group you MUST be a part of a PVP town yourself. If you are not, you can only PvP in groups in the coliseum or away from pvp towns! "This means that if you can attack a pvp town ALONE without being part of another pvp town...

Every time I've been on and we've been raided by DF, you have been there in a town-organized raid. I'm not sure if we've changed this rule to where if you're in a PvP nation you can raid with them, but I'm not sure.

17. sharqman

If a peaceful town and a pvp town are in the same nation, the peaceful town can partake in group raids with the pvp town as long as members from the PVP town are in the raiding party.

it's the rule right under the one you mentioned.

18. iiDreamzzHD

19. Bpsoccer28

Bpsoccer28 Member VIP

Shouldn't it be changed/unchanged upon how the people want it? Clearly more people want it back. I hate when I'm at my storage home and I'm afraid to go outside because people might write down my location. This isn't only a Pvp thing, it helps people from sneakily getting from point A to point B without being noticed. If everyone got it it would give everyone an edge making it fair. I do admit before it was a little unfair, but this would fix that.

20. Griffsbrown

Sorry messed up this post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.