spies

Discussion in 'Finger Pointing' started by sharqman, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

What is your IGN?:
    sharqman

What is the IGN of the offenders?:
    Griffsbrown (affiliation with spies)
    Skyliner303 (spy)
    terrariafreak1 (spy)
    Jacegman(possible spy)

Which rules did they break?:
    When I asked max if having spies in an enemy town was a gray area he said it is very shady.

Are there any witnesses? What are their IGN's?:
    anyone in our nation and party chat during the bust

Did you talk to the people who were doing the rule-breaking? What did they say?:
    I talked to Griffs a while after the initial finding of the spies
    http://i.imgur.com/GddBD.png
    and nrayf talked to skyliner303 who said he wasn't a spy while griffs was saying he was.
    see the explanation below

Do you think they should be given a punishment for this?:
    yes

Do you have screenshot(s) or video(s) of the incident (example: chat logs)? Post them at the end of the post:
    http://imgur.com/a/V9svu#0
    It was a while ago so I do not have the evidence which lead to the finding of the first spy, skyliner303

Were any mods or admins on at the time this happened? Who were they?:
    nrayf when we found the spies

Have they broke a rule(s) before? Which ones?:
    http://www.shadecrest.com/forum/index.php?topic=4498.0

Let me explain the situation.

We saw Skyliner303 on the live map in erathia and he was doing /home girffsbrown a lot. He was also getting killed by _Flagellum a lot too. We staked a fake raid and the enemy was acting upon all of our fake moves. Skyliner was also lying about his whereabouts during the raid. He was also not in our party chat so it is suspected that he was going to back stab us in the raid. k9 also said skyliner spoke to him about his plans about leaving OldPS and joining Erathia. After the fake raid we confronted Skyliner303 and nrayf removed him from OldPS(now serenity).

Later we suspected terrariafreak1 was a spy. We confronted him and he wanted to talk on ts, there was raid going on so I refused. He said he would talk to k9katz(mayor of the town he was in) and convinced k9katz to have his town to leave the nation (completely ok). Then he tried to get k9 to join Athos. A while after k9 denied his offer Terrariafraek1 left town.
    We suspect Jace because he is friends with skyliner303 in /res. We suspect more spies in DarkFire towns. They are probably in Crystal_Bluffs and Pine_Square.

I post this because it is one thing to have to watch you back in PvP, and another to have to watch it in your own town and nation chat.

I understand Manglor talked to his Nation about the spies, but I have reason to believe there are still some present in DarkFire towns.

2. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Those screenies give no proof what so ever they are worthless. Just because they have them as friends means there spys? So I cant have my friend Red_death_ninja in my friends list while hes in PS because oh hes a spy?? Sharqman explain this

3. Jasperli

Jasperli Member VIP

I would like to see a rule to be made about this sort of situvations :)
    As I at least didn't really understand if spies really are a thing server can say stuff about, it is a lot of sh*t but still proving that some one spies for another is basically impossible and will only cause a lot of work for people :/

4. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I would also like to point out that this was already resolved before. No need in bring up past events when nrayf already talked to griffsbrown about the spy issue.

5. sharqman

There were spies. Denying that is a lieing to yourself. We looked at their behaviors. Jace is not a problem anymore since Serenity left the nation. being friends with someone in an enemy town and having your friend in a town so they can tell you what they are doing are 2 different things.

It isn't impossible, we did it. skyliner was in erathia saying he was at the DF side of the tunnel. When we said in nation chat we were at griffs house griff did /home and flag did /home griff. If I knew that would not have been the end of the spies I would have taken screen shots.

Also, I thought since nrayf was going to talk to manglor and since manglor is Erathia's king they would listen to him.

I asked griffsbrown yesterday (the screenshot) if there were anymore spies. Instead of telling me there were none he said nothing and tried to change the subject. Another reason why I suspect there may be more.

Since you don't believe you guys have more spies I'll come out right and say it.

I suspect fyrelyon of being a spy. He is in Pine_Square. When we were talking about raids he asked what a raid was. I told him and he suddenly wanted to raid. He asked multiple times. Also, I have seen someone by the name Darkfyre on teamspeak. A very similar name to fyrelyon (replace 'i' with 'y'), but when I asked him if he had teamspeak he denied it.

I am not McCarthying this. I am actually looking at what people are doing and their behaviors.

6. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

If you don't have prof of more spies, why did you post this thread. You are going off of suspicion from events. The only proof you have is against skyliner. All others are just those that you THINK could be spies. The skyliner issue was resolved before hand and I still don't see a point in this thread if all you have are suspicions, not solid proof.

7. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

Spying on what? What is so secret you can not let other towns know?

8. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Our raids are being relayed to the defenders, our current positions are betrayed, and generally we get screwed over. This has happened before, too.

New rule. Spies are illegal. Don't have friends join a town to rat others out. If you don't think that you can stay loyal to your nation, then leave it. But don't rat them out.

9. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

I guess I could see some things that should be hidden from other towns.

10. sharqman

People using x-ray texture packs are detected the same way. They are monitored for suspicious behavior and if their behavior matches an x-rayers, they get banned.

I wouldn't have made this post if griff didn't act suspiciously by not telling me.

11. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

Ok, So I have been gone all day and just got back to find this post. Yay more drama! Well here is deal.

Terrariafreak1, and skyliner are both friends of mine. Me and terrariafreak stopped talking when we were playing on shadecrest. We decided to start talking again a couple of months later and when we did they where both in old pine square. I never asked skyliner to spy. He was planning on leaving the next day and noticed in nation chat, they where planning a raid. For that night and that night only he told us when they where planning a raid. Terrariafreak1 also was planning on leaving at the same time. I have not even talked to jacegman in weeks.

Terrariafreak1: Never was a spy
    Skyliner303: Gave us information but never meant to be a spy
    Jacegman: I not talked to him on months so I have no idea.

Not to mention why are you bringing this up? I solved this with nrayf a long time ago. This situation was already all rapped up so I have no idea why you are bringing it up again.

12. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.