mcMMo party chat and server restarts

Discussion in 'Survival Server Issues' started by sharqman, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

1) mcmmo party chat is more so used for raids then to chat with people now that the server has nations. Usually friendly fire is off, so you cannot hurt people in your party chat using melee or bow (not sure about potions). That feature seems to not be working or is disabled. It would be great if it was re-enables because I know many PvPers use it while raiding so they don't attack their allies on accident. (like i did to nich today XD)

2) The server has been a little more laggy than usual. Wkd said the server only restarts once a day now instead of twice a day. Unless restarting twice a day is an issue it would be great to have that back so there is less lag.

2. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

Thats what I heard, that it resets once a day now. Before I went on break it was many times a day, and I too have noticed a significant amount more lag lately at times

3. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

honestly, as player i dont see an issue with anything suggested...

a better way to talk and more restarts... someone asking for more restarts is a refreshing change of pace... alot of times people are whinning that the server restarts to often... i think we should restart 4 times a day, every six hours. just to keep things tidy... :)

4. pyro5050

i have been getting tons of block reloads everytime i log on... this is why i think there might be a problem... :)

5. pyro5050

you remember correctly... i shall at home...

6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I get a lot of lag and my internet is amazing, so is my comp.

7. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

My computer and internet are both really good. I have to rebuild things often now because they keep disappearing, or have to dig up the same stuff multiple times so it will stop respawning. It never happened before a few months ago, and now it happens everyday, only when I play on this server. I love the idea of at least 4 restarts a day. I think that would help, as it seems to be the only major change in that time period.

8. ModernDragoness

ModernDragoness Member VIP

While I've noticed somewhat increased lag, I have generally not experienced as bad as described. In any case though, restarts don't "fix" problems. If more restarts seem to make things better, it's because memory leaks or bad code behavior doesn't have as much time to manifest issues.

9. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

I just did it and it said 18.3 TPS. I will do it a few more times, especially when I notice the lag and give you more info then

10. sharqman

People also have been getting kicked more often then usual. I think nrayf or another admins said it might be because of the lag makes it look like players are moving too fast to the server.

11. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

one player, forgot his name was kicked like 4 times within ten minutes.

what does tps mean?

12. sharqman

ticks per second, ticks is a measure for the server's lag

what do you mean forgot his name?

Also, what about party chat friendly fire?

13. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

i dont like ticks..lag or real life.
    and i cant remember the players name that was kicked a bunch of times.

14. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

I have checked /lag many more times now and gotten numbers ranging from 15.9-19.0 very often, especially during times when I notice the lag happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.