Griefing of Redstone

Discussion in 'Grief Report' started by Flagellum, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

What is your IGN?

_Flagellum

Coordinates of the location (use /getpos to display the coordinates X,Y,Z)

x: 796 y:27 z:3483

Is this on PvP or Peaceful side of the map?

PvP

What exactly got griefed? Please be specific.

A couple pieces of redstone were broken. The culprit used a water flow to do the griefing, which broke the redstone.

About how many blocks were broken/replaced?

Only a two or three

Who did the griefing?

_MOSKITO_

Did you talk to the player who did the griefing?

No

What did they say?

n/a

Do you think they should be banned for this?

I believe that they deserve a short temp. ban, say three days or so.

Did you include screen shots? (You must)

Yes, right here: http://imgur.com/aUniX,p8LIz,7GZRc,wfxMe#3

Do you need an admin to come and rollback the damage?

No, I can handle it the clean up on this one.

I believe what happened was that a group of raiders that raided us this morning used a tunnel to make an entrance into our town. They had a way in, but Moskito broke a block that was holding back water, which flooded the redstone. They never replaced the blocks.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

We were going to come back and fix this. Also I tried to replace the rails but part of it was towny protected. We couldn't replace it all because we lost a piece of redstone (water took it away), or so we thought. After the raid I realized there was a redstone torch in my inv which was probably the missing piece.

EDIT: as I am friends with mosk I'll leave the judging of the ban to someone else.

3. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

It looks to me like it was an accident. Broke a block that let water flow and then it messed some stuff up. It happens to all of us. Its not always easy to replace in the pvp world with enemies around :D I'd say just let this go. Its definitely not worth ban over a block or two. The original post of the grief report says not to file over a couple of blocks

4. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

He sent me screenshots of this griefing. The direction of the tunnel was obvious. He broke a stone block that was not even in his way so water could flow. Now tell me, what are the odds of that? If you look at the griefing you will see exactly what I mean. If you look at the first screenshot if _flagellums album you will see the cobble block that he is looking at did not need to broken. It was not in the way of them making the tunnel. It was in the opposite direction.

(I feel like it is my business to post here because it was my redstone contraption that was griefied)

5. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I guess I didn't see the part where if it was a couple of blocks, not to report it. Sorry for wasting people'e time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.