Temp Banned Until Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by iiDreamzzHD, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iiDreamzzHD

iiDreamzzHD Active Member VIP

Well I was banned today (Wednesday Jul. 10th) at like 7pm I think for 24 hours. Reason: PvP logging to get out of a trap.

First things first I don't wish for an unban, It's only until tomorrow and I'm not here to complain and beg. Just wanted to clarify on why I thought, and still think, it was ok.

I was raiding DF with Millz, and we killed ElCreepito once, then I was chasing him a second time when he led me into the trap. The trap was an illegal one with no exit. I got out for a couple different reasons:

1. I was there a couple weeks ago when Nifix placed a sign by the trap saying it was illegal and needed to be fixed. It wasn't fixed so I figured it wasn't fair for me to be trapped in an illegal trap.

2. I wasn't in PvP. Was not combat tagged and I had hit nobody within 3 minutes of the first kill.

Once again, just wanted to clarify. I don't wish to be unbanned unless whoever banned me feel they were wrong. I can see where I was wrong, but hopefully you guys can see it from my point of view as well.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

The trap does have a way out. Die (suffocating in blocks). If Nifix still says the trap is illegal then he can override the ban and your name will be cleared.

Just because you are not marked by combat tag doesn't mean you aren't in combat. Chasing or being chased counts as being in combat.

3. iiDreamzzHD

Were you the one who banned me?

4. sharqman

Yes.

5. iiDreamzzHD

So do I, but I was under the impression that all traps with no way out, death traps or not, were illegal. I read some ban appeals of people who were banned for making them.

6. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

iidreamz, i agreed and consulted with sharq on your ban, i thought the trap looked cool, and the fact that it has to be activated by pressure plate means it is not always active... i side with max on this one, that traps that are manually activated on pvp side should be legit...

i do understand your frustration in getting mixed messages about the traps... this is something that will be sorted out between max, his admins, and his mods in the future... for now, thanks for understanding and accepting the handed down verdict...

from the way max posted, i think we already have our answer... :)

7. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

So if i run over a pressure plate and fall into a hole on the pvp side of the map where there is no way out of they hole. Someone chasing to kill me I then kill them and im still in the hole what do I do next? He will probably keep coming trying to kill me while im stuck in a hole. Why don't we just have it so towns have no protections like the old times?

8. iiDreamzzHD

No problem! Just gonna play some tekkit until tonight :).

9. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

+1

10. DarkNoodle

DarkNoodle Member VIP

They respawn and start running at me (while still in the hole) which is combat as you said earlier right? Cant warp = cheating?

11. sharqman

That is spawn rushing, which is illegal. Take screenshots and get a staff member. If you don't want to risk your items and there are no staff members on get the evidence you need and log off and make a finger pointing thread, but remember combat tag will save an npc if you are in combat and log off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.