Canadian Mounties

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by millz14, Jul 11, 2012.

1. millz14

millz14 Active Member VIP

You might know about Canadian Mounties (Canadian police on horses) well we do actually have them i was walking downtown and well why don't you just take a look for yourself

[​IMG]

2. millz14

Yep XD

3. atvrida0

atvrida0 Member VIP

They are not wearing the right uniform as you can see by this nifty diagram.
    [​IMG]

4. millz14

The ones that wear that uniform live more up north i believe, but i am not 100% sure i live in a big city so they wear normal police outfits were i am at

5. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Millz your someone what correct they are indeed up here but not in the north west I see them all the time in the streets wearing the uniform shown in the diagram

6. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

Those are not mounties, those are city police officers. every single police service in canada uses horses, as well as many of the police services in the states. Vegas for example uses horses quite often on the strip as they are perfect for crowd control.

in canada the city officals use their horses at major events, or during periods when lots of people will be in one area. Calgary stampede is good example. tons of people the police force needs to be a visible presence. the horses allow for a visible presence, easy crowd control and a field of view that is larger than being on foot.

the majority of horse back officers have been trained by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or RCMP.

the red uniform that you typiclly associate with RCMP riders is actually dress uniform, this is used at RCMP events, the RCMP riders gala and performances. when on horseback they may be seen is a black duster jacket, a red duster jacket, a yellow safety vest, or in a uniform that looks very similar to the dress uniform but is more durable.

the dress uniform is issued to every single RCMP officer in canada. it is something that you can see from southern BC to the north coast. all RCMP officers are dressed the same. city officers like the ones in the original picture do not, and are not allowed to, dress like mounties.

7. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

I was just gonna say they have mounted cops in Seattle, washington too, but Pyro had to all technical and ruin it

8. pyro5050

it's what i do... and i am good at what i do... :)

9. atvrida0

atvrida0 Member VIP

Thank you Pyro for clearing that up with such a short and concise explanation. XD

10. strangecow1

strangecow1 Member VIP

What if they arrest people? Where do they put them? Not on a horse...

11. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

not sure, but there most common arrest is those that revive old topics

12. pyro5050

they arrest the person and radio a patrol car or van that comes and picks up the person.

13. atvrida0

atvrida0 Member VIP

i would tie them up and drag them behind my horseXD

14. strangecow1

strangecow1 Member VIP

You stole a Hershey's? TIE EM' UP BOYS!